• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Basketball Gods sent me a sign ....coincidence? I think not

JTB

Of all the guys discussed, Young is the last one I would want for the Hawks at #3. 

After listening to NBA radio, I extremely worried the Hawks will make a trade with Philly. The Sixers REALLY want Donic to pair with Embid and Simmons. Thus, I can see us taking Donic at 3 and then moving him IF Young is available at 10 to the Sixers. PUKE. I don't know what else we'd get back from Philly in this deal- maybe Fultz or Saric? But this seems to natural given Lloyd's knowledge of the Philly roster. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, frosgrim said:

Of all the guys discussed, Young is the last one I would want for the Hawks at #3. 

After listening to NBA radio, I extremely worried the Hawks will make a trade with Philly. The Sixers REALLY want Donic to pair with Embid and Simmons. Thus, I can see us taking Donic at 3 and then moving him IF Young is available at 10 to the Sixers. PUKE. I don't know what else we'd get back from Philly in this deal- maybe Fultz or Saric? But this seems to natural given Lloyd's knowledge of the Philly roster. 

Crazy talk, if we trade dowm from #3 to #10, I'll  be royally pissed.

Now if we talking trading back up into the top #10, cool.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think it is pretty clear that he lacks the first step explosion and lateral quickness.  

I don't really expect 7 footers to have quick first steps, and I think you may overstate his lateral deficiencies. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aali34 said:

@KB21 Got confused and thought you were referencing his first step on offense. Still I don't think it presents a liability. Its not like he's Hassan Whiteside on the court.

I think he could very well be Alexis Ajinca.

You are also looking at a player who missed half his final AAU season due to injuries, missed games during his senior high school year due to injuries, and started to wear down at the end of Texas's season this year.  You have to wonder if his body type is going to lead to him being injury prone, particularly since his functional athleticism isn't that great and his strength is etremely poor right now.

• Premium Member
Just now, KB21 said:

I think he could very well be Alexis Ajinca.

I don't know about that. Similar measurables but Bamba seems quicker and more athletic. Didn't know about the injuries though. Gonna do a quick look up on that. 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Crazy talk, if we trade dowm from #3 to #10, I'll  be royally pissed.

Now if we talking trading back up into the top #10, cool.

This!

#3 (Doncic/Bagley

#8-12 (Trae/Porter/Mikal

GO HAWKS!!!! 

• Like 1