• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ATL moving on up

LikejRod29

I've been talking about this for 2 weeks but both Cleveland and NY want to drop salary/bad contracts.  These trades will look like the trade I floated of either Bembry or Dorsey + 19 or 30 (depending on what's coming back) for Noah +9 or either Tristan Thompson or JR. Smith +8.

We can easily absorb either and especially Cleveland is in Luxury Tax Hell and dropping $14 million in Salary is going to be savings around $50 million or more (depending where their ending salary ends up).

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I've been talking about this for 2 weeks but both Cleveland and NY want to drop salary/bad contracts.  These trades will look like the trade I floated of either Bembry or Dorsey + 19 or 30 (depending on what's coming back) for Noah +9 or either Tristan Thompson or JR. Smith +8.

We can easily absorb either and especially Cleveland is in Luxury Tax Hell and dropping $14 million in Salary is going to be savings around $50 million or more (depending where their ending salary ends up).

I didn’t do the math, but I pegged Cleveland as a willing partner as well. They are now rumored to be in pursuit of Kemba Walker too. They ultimately need cap space to get LeBron the veteran help they need to get over the hump. That team needs defensive bigs in the worst way.

They would be willing to add that Cavs pick next year to the Magic  for #6.. The deal would be #6 for DS17- 19 -30 and Cavs pick next year. That’s a deal the Magic can’t refuse and Hawks should be an a good spot for JJJ OR MAMBA. I know adding that cavs pick next year is a little bit but think about it, if the King go bye bye the Cavs picking an the top 10 and Hawks don’t get the pick and if the King stays Hawks get the pick but  it’s an the high 20’s

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

As currently constructed, no Lebron....they are still a top 20 team and would avoid the lottery. 

Without LeBron, Cleveland is back in the lottery without a doubt. They have no initiator or playmaker. Not as bad as they were before they got Kyrie, but not that far off.

I'm not sure you know what happened to that team this year.  Love missed 23 games, Thompson missed 30. The constant moving parts from the failed Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder experiment. Their non-Lebron core of George Hill, Kevin Love, Kyle Korver, Tristan Thompson, Jeff Green, J.R. Smith, Jordan Clarkson is more than good enough to win 30 games and avoid the top 10 picks (which is where they'd need to be to convey that pick).

2 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Without LeBron, Cleveland is back in the lottery without a doubt. They have no initiator or playmaker. Not as bad as they were before they got Kyrie, but not that far off.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Make no mistake.  They are doing this to try and get into a position to get Trae Young.

If they are successful getting to move up for Young I dont think they take Doncic.    

• Premium Member
Just now, KB21 said:

I honestly think they are envisioning getting both.

I believe we need another big before 2 guards.  Doncic is really 6-6 and not 6-10 so He is a shooting guard and not a wing.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They are the #1 and #3 players on my board, but I do question their fit together.

It's interesting because both have been paired in the past with talented players. Young with Porter Jr and and Doncic with Dragic. 

• Admin

I don't think Young / Doncic is a good match ... neither are defenders and both are ball dominent guards.  I think if you take Doncic then you grab a big or 3-D sg like Bridges ... if we are intending to take Young (which i hope not) then you take Bamba / JJJ with 3

• Like 2