• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ATL moving on up

LikejRod29

Just now, capstone21 said:

I am not remotely worried about Doncic's d ... it will be adequate ... its a combo of Doncic / Young on D.  I think that will be a mess.  I want Doncic ... I just don't want Young and Doncic.  If we take Doncic and trade back into the lottery with a second pick ... we need to use it on Bamba/JJJ or Bridges.

I wouldn't mind Young in the right situation and there's almost no situation where I'm against Doncic.  I agree that I'm not necessarily seeing a good fit for both of them on the same team though.  I would also prefer a defensive big or 3 & D wing player with a second pick if we're able to acquire one.  

How about this for a curve ball ?

We draft JJJ and trade back up for Mikal Bridges bringing in the defensive cornerstones to our franchise. We know that Pierce has been big on defense. That team will be really damn sound next year and going forward. Both players fit what we have. JJJ doesn’t have the most upside offensively, but is likely to be a defensive monster. Bridges also has All Defensive potential too. 

7 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

We draft JJJ and trade back up for Mikal Bridges bringing in the defensive cornerstones to our franchise. We know that Pierce has been big on defense. That team will be really damn sound next year and going forward. Both players fit what we have. JJJ doesn’t have the most upside offensively, but is likely to be a defensive monster. Bridges also has All Defensive potential too. 

I’ve loved Bridges (Mikal) since day 1. Him and Doncic. You do have a point there with getting defensive but I’m not sure Schlenk will go all D, he’d probably rather go all O instead with Doncic and Trae.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Doubtful, as Schlenk has said, defense is good but if you can't score 100....

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

You won't win many games.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

That’s a wild pitch, not a curveball ?

I think the whole idea of having a good defensive-minded coach is being able to bring in strong offensive talent and coach up their D.

Just now, hazer said:

I think the whole idea of having a good defensive-minded coach is being able to bring in strong offensive talent and coach up their D.

And having good team D.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hazer said:

And having good team D.

You just come out of a power nap or something? Look at the big brain ? on Brad...smart mfcker thas right..

14 hours ago, thecampster said:

I've been talking about this for 2 weeks but both Cleveland and NY want to drop salary/bad contracts.  These trades will look like the trade I floated of either Bembry or Dorsey + 19 or 30 (depending on what's coming back) for Noah +9 or either Tristan Thompson or JR. Smith +8.

We can easily absorb either and especially Cleveland is in Luxury Tax Hell and dropping $14 million in Salary is going to be savings around $50 million or more (depending where their ending salary ends up).

I dont wont JR anywhere near this team. lol..

• Premium Member
54 minutes ago, hazer said:

That’s a wild pitch, not a curveball ?

:laugh1::laugh1:

51 minutes ago, hazer said:

And having good team D.

Exactly., that is my hope.

59 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You won't win many games.

This team isn’t winning many games no matter who we draft. However, it will lead us into the next draft with defensive cornerstones in place and in position to get that lead dog or another elite playmaker that can make it all work.

Just now, EazyRoc said:

This team isn’t winning many games no matter who we draft. However, it will lead us into the next draft with defensive cornerstones in place and in position to get that lead dog or another elite playmaker that can make it all work.

And it gives our team an identity.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

And it gives our team an identity.

I'd rather an offensive franchise player than a defensive cornerstone in this era of bball.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd rather an offensive franchise player than a defensive cornerstone in this era of bball.

I really do agree with that sentiment. I am the same way, but I wouldn’t be totally disgusted if we drafted BOTH. I don’t want JJJ by himself, but if we coupled him with Bridges I would like it.

54 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You just come out of a power nap or something? Look at the big brain ? on Brad...smart mfcker thas right..

47 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1::laugh1:

Exactly., that is my hope.

I feel like Schlenk prefers shooters who aren’t necessarily known for their tenacious D, knew he needed to hire a defensive coach to counterbalance that. Bagley, Doncic, Young...