• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dewayne Dedmon returns

GrimeyKidd

• Premium Member

This is so Atlanta fan like...Dedmon opts in and this can't mean that he is a valuable piece to the organization but rather a trade piece to some mysterious trade to Washington even though there is absolutely no need to include him in such a trade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

This is so Atlanta fan like...Dedmon opts in and this can't mean that he is a valuable piece to the organization but rather a trade piece to some mysterious trade to Washington even though to there is absolutely no need to include him in such a trade.

Here is a link on the subject. It is a bad year for free agents but the fact he opted in so early is odd. Most of those who have opted in already are way over paid. I don't think he is over paid. I just thought he would look for something in the three to four year range for security.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/04/nba-player-option-decisions-for-201819.html

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The Wiz are in severe cap space trouble. Worse than the Nuggets. I wonder who we would take back from them? I think we want one of the Clippers pick. Here is a link I was just reading.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/hawks-exploring-trade-up-from-no-19.html

Wiz are looking to dump expiring contracts.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Here is a link on the subject. It is a bad year for free agents but the fact he opted in so early is odd. Most of those who have opted in already are way over paid. I don't think he is over paid. I just thought he would look for something in the three to four year range for security.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/04/nba-player-option-decisions-for-201819.html

1st of all, I mentioned this at the end of the season which led me to believe and post that it wasn't an automatic that he was going to opt out but I was met with opposition and a list of teams that he would prefer to go to.  2ndly, what does all of this have to do with a mysterious trade to Washington for Gortat and a pick?

• Like 1

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Now, as for my other pal... Moose, I need you to get out there and seek your worth! Fly, Mikey, fly! To the NBA free agent market... I release you!

1039766_2f300.gif

~lw3

You can darn well bet that if Dedmon thinks he can't get more that Moose (and his agent) would have to morons to opt out.  Not sure why we gave Moose that much money.

• Like 3

1st of all, I mentioned this at the end of the season which led me to believe and post that it wasn't an automatic that he was going to opt out but I was met with opposition and a list of teams that he would prefer to go to.  2ndly, what does all of this have to do with a mysterious trade to Washington for Gortat and a pick?

I don't know about the Wizards. The trade partners I mentioned due to rumors elsewhere have been Memphis, Clippers, and Denver.

The Wizards are about to be two time luxury offenders. I think that is a double fine or something. Porter Jr crushed them last season. He is the highest paid player on their team. I am sure they want to do something but not heard anything about us being involved.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I don't know about the Wizards. The trade partners I mentioned due to rumors elsewhere have been Memphis, Clippers, and Denver.

So you are hearing trade rumor between Atlanta and Memphis, Clippers and Denver about Dedmon?  How is that possible? 

Just now, thecampster said:

Opting in before the draft could mean only 1 thing....they want to trade him and he agreed to the location.

To me, Dedmon was one of the better mid level players that would be on the market. I thought he would be able to get a minimum of three years, 18 to 21 million total. I find it surprising he did not wait longer to judge the interest.

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

He has. He has picked up the option.

Dewayne Dedmon reportedly set to exercise player option to remain with Atlanta Hawks

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/6/20/17486804/dewayne-dedmon-player-option-atlanta-hawks-2018-2019-season-contract-nba-free-agency

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

To me, Dedmon was one of the better mid level players that would be on the market. I thought he would be able to get a minimum of three years, 18 to 21 million total. I find it surprising he did not wait longer to judge the interest.

I think a lot of teams want to have capspace next offseason so maybe multi year contract wasn't looking possible.

Thing is most teams a close to or in luxury tax territory so that's another issue.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The Wizards are about to be two time luxury offenders. I think that is a double fine or something. Porter Jr crushed them last season. He is the highest paid player on their team. I am sure they want to do something but not heard anything about us being involved.

Here's a dark horse trade candidate for Ded....the Bucks with pick #17.

Don't hate me @Peoriabird

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think a lot of teams want to have capspace next offseason so maybe multi year contract wasn't looking possible.

Thing is most teams a close to or in luxury tax territory so that's another issue.

It still remains that he could have waited until the 29th to gauge the market. Things change quickly and teams can make room. It is not like we could void his player option.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is so Atlanta fan like...Dedmon opts in and this can't mean that he is a valuable piece to the organization but rather a trade piece to some mysterious trade to Washington even though to there is absolutely no need to include him in such a trade.

Well, we've heard for the longest that the Hawks wont be signing any FA's within the next 4 or 5 years or so. So......................................

Just now, terrell said:

Well, we've heard for the longest that the Hawks wont be signing any FA's within the next 4 or 5 years or so. So......................................

And Dedmon was already in Milwaukee...

• Like 2