WELCOME HOME TRAE!!!

JTB

12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

This my friends is a real Atlanta Sport fan.  These conspiracy theories have to only exist in Atlanta.  I've live in 10 other cities and have never seen or heard so many made up stories in any of them.  LOL!  If it help you sleep at night Keep um coming!  LOL!

You're the only one who believes these are conspiracy theories. In fact, if you ask fans outside of Atlanta you'll find people expecting us to tank for 3+ seasons. Tanking for a single season isn't very viable unless it's a Spurs situation with David Robinson's injury or a Celtics situation with the Nets tanking for them.

Everything Schlenk has said and done has indicated that next season will be a lot like last season. I think he understands what needs to be done, but I hope Ressler doesn't interfere. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, High5 said:

You're the only one who believes these are conspiracy theories. In fact, if you ask fans outside of Atlanta you'll find people expecting us to tank for 3+ seasons. Tanking for a single season isn't very viable unless it's a Spurs situation with David Robinson's injury or a Celtics situation with the Nets tanking for them.

Everything Schlenk has said and done has indicated that next season will be a lot like last season. I think he understands what needs to be done, but I hope Ressler doesn't interfere. 

Maybe we differ on the definition of tank

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Maybe we differ on the definition of tank

Taking on bad contracts for draft picks instead of using that money on quality free agents. Trading away solid contributors for draft picks or simply buying them out. Resting your better players when they're perfectly capable of playing. Giving minutes to scrubs when there are better options on the bench. Filling out the roster with D-Leaguers. Exactly what happened last season and what is likely to happen again this season. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, High5 said:

Taking on bad contracts for draft picks instead of using that money on quality free agents. Trading away solid contributors for draft picks or simply buying them out. Resting your better players when they're perfectly capable of playing. Giving minutes to scrubs when there are better options on the bench. Filling out the roster with D-Leaguers. Exactly what happened last season and what is likely to happen again this season. 

That was late last year...You claimed that will happen over the next 3 years.  By the way, you'll have to take up the Bud coaching style and buy in with KB

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The Braves made a couple of key trades namely the Shelby Miller trade for a lot of prospects and vets like Inciarte but they did keep some player around for a while like Markakus and Freeman and sadly Teran.  The Sixers screwed up most of their picks and got lucky with a 2

The Braves traded or let walk pretty much the entire team except for Freeman and Teheran. Including studs at the time like Simmons, Kimbrel and Heyward. Markakis was brought in as a free agent after the firesale basically because they needed to sign someone and they knew Markakis would play 150+ games at right field for them.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

The Braves traded or let walk pretty much the entire team except for Freeman and Teheran. Including studs at the time like Simmons, Kimbrel and Heyward. Markakis was brought in as a free agent after the firesale basically because they needed to sign someone and they knew Markakis would play 150+ games at right field for them.

So who are these draft picks that are contributing to winning on the current team?  To me they did a Boston vs a Philly

4 minutes ago, Dnice said:

@Final_quest you're a battle fan?...I caught his wife Regina Belle on unsung.

Yeah!  He sunk a three on an in bounds play to tie a game at the last second.  It was the first Hawks game I attended as a 10 years old.  

This is back when the Hawks were the hottest ticket in town.  

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

That was late last year...You claimed that will happen over the next 3 years

Schlenk started the tank from the jump when he made no offer to Millsap, traded Dwight, and traded for Jamal Crawford. That was a full season thing. And I never said we would tank for the next 3 years. I said many or most opposing fans expect our tank to last a total of 3+ seasons. That was in response to your "conspiracy theory" that only Atlanta fans see us tanking next season. 

I expect next season to be close to a repeat of last season and then if all goes well we can start to focus solely on winning. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, High5 said:

Schlenk started the tank from the jump when he made no offer to Millsap, traded Dwight, and traded for Jamal Crawford. That was a full season thing. And I never said we would tank for the next 3 years. I said many or most opposing fans expect our tank to last a total of 3+ seasons. That was in response to your "conspiracy theory" that only Atlanta fans see us tanking next season. 

I expect next season to be close to a repeat of last season and then if all goes well we can start to focus solely on winning. 

It wasn't as much of a tank as a business decision...Denver signed Millsap and missed the playoff.  The Hornets acquired Howard and missed the playoff and same with New York.  The decision was if we are going to miss the playoff or be a low seed, may as well do it with cheaper players.  Then the injuries hit and it became apparent toward the end of the season that they had a chance to get a top 3 pick and then Bud stepped and tried to ruin it. Worked out because of the ping pong balls

I wasn't as much of a tank as a business decision...Denver signed Millsap and missed the playoff.  The Hornets acquired Howard and missed the playoff and same with New York.  The decision was if we are going to miss the playoff of be a low seed, may as well do it with cheaper players.  Then the injuries hit and it became apparent toward the end of the season that they had a chance to get a top 3 pick and then Bud stepped and tried to ruin it. Worked out because of the ping pong balls

I don't know how you can accuse other people of dreaming things up and then make a post like that. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, High5 said:

I don't know how you can accuse other people of dreaming things up and then make a post like that. 

Because Schlenk actually stated at the beginning of the season that he expected 30-35 wins and to be competitive

Because Schlenk actually stated at the beginning of the season that he expected 30-35 wins and to be competitive

And Mark Cuban actually stated his team was tanking and received a $600K fine. 

• Premium Member

Schlenk also said he was ok taking a step back from the playoffs for a year or 2.

So what is 30-35  wins exactly? He still expected to lose a bunch of games. 

I think here's a difference between losing games and tanking. One is you aren't good enough to win games but still compete to a point.  The other is trading or buying out vets at the trade deadline and sitting vets at the end of the season to make sure your lottery pick has the best odds.

I agree with @High5.  I can see the season playing out much the same way unless the kiddies surprise.

But like I said, until the FA dust settles we won't know what's Schlenk intended direction.

As it stand, this is our current roster:

PG: Dennis Schröder, Trae Young
SG: Kent Bazemore, Tyler Dorsey, Kevin Huerter
SF: Taurean Prince, DeAndre Bembry
PF: John Collins, Omari Spellman
C: Dwayne Dedmon, Mikes Plumlee

11 Players with fully guaranteed contracts.

Others TBD: 
Mike Muscala, IsaiahTaylor, Antonius Cleveland, Jalen Morris, Damion Lee

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Schlenk also said he was ok taking a step back from the playoffs for a year or 2.

So what is 30-35  wins exactly? He still expected to lose a bunch of games. 

I think here's a difference between losing games and tanking. One is you aren't good enough to win games but still compete to a point.  The other is trading or buying out vets at the trade deadline and sitting vets at the end of the season to make sure your lottery pick has the best odds.

I agree with @High5.  I can see the season playing out much the same way unless the kiddies surprise.

But like I said, until the FA dust settles we won't know what's Schlenk intended direction.

As it stand, this is our current roster:

PG: Dennis Schröder, Trae Young
SG: Kent Bazemore, Tyler Dorsey, Kevin Huerter
SF: Taurean Prince, DeAndre Bembry
PF: John Collins, Omari Spellman
C: Dwayne Dedmon, Mikes Plumlee

11 Players with fully guaranteed contracts.

Others TBD: 
Mike Muscala, IsaiahTaylor, Antonius Cleveland, Jalen Morris, Damion Lee

He didn't Buy out Ilyasova until late when the tank was definitely on except Bud didn't receive the memo

• Premium Member

He didn't Buy out Ilyasova until late when the tank was definitely on except Bud didn't receive the memo

He was trying to trade him. Ersan blocked all trades so he could pick where he wanted to go after buyout.