• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young's bad game against Alabama

Brotha2ThaNite

I'm trying to find some full games on our three draft picks. I came across this highlight of Trae's "bad game" against Alabama. 

Man, I'm hyped about this kid. I'm praying I see some of this in an Hawks uniform. He does remain me of Curry with the quick shot. That ball is up and out of his hand very fast. He also has a very deadly step back shot, which I thinks helps him shoot over taller players. OOOOHHHH and the passing skills isn't that bad either lol

I think we have an all star!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

I'm trying to find some full games on our three draft picks. I came across this highlight of Trae's "bad game" against Alabama. 

Man, I'm hyped about this kid. I'm praying I see some of this in an Hawks uniform. He does remain me of Curry with the quick shot. That ball is up and out of his hand very fast. He also has a very deadly step back shot, which I thinks helps him shoot over taller players. OOOOHHHH and the passing skills isn't that bad either lol

I think we have an all star!

He has had more impressive games and shots than the ones in the Alabama game

Glad you’re excited about new draftee ....by the way because you’re likely going to get some negative feedback just remember, don’t let anyone here steal your joy about curry .......shit I mean Young 

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

He has had more impressive games and shots than the ones in the Alabama game

I'm pretty sure. That's why I'm like, if 17pts and 8 assist is a bad night for him in the NBA... I'm good with that. 

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Glad you’re excited about new draftee ....by the way because you’re likely going to get some negative feedback just remember, don’t let anyone here steal your joy about curry .......shit I mean Young 

haha! I'm good. It just feeds the desire to see him play.

• Like 1

He does have undeniable flair, seems to be quicker than Steph and could be a more willing passer.  It remains to be seen if he can rebound, set screens, and run hard off the ball nearly as well as Steph.  I can see him developing into a good steals guy if he used his quickness for on ball D.  I just hope he doesn’t Dennis us.  Remember he showed much better passing prowess in European and camp highlights than he ever did in the NBA.

He does have undeniable flair, seems to be quicker than Steph and could be a more willing passer.  It remains to be seen if he can rebound, set screens, and run hard off the ball nearly as well as Steph.  I can see him developing into a good steals guy if he used his quickness for on ball D.  I just hope he doesn’t Dennis us.  Remember he showed much better passing prowess in European and camp highlights than he ever did in the NBA.

Dennis can pass. He's no floor general, and his tunnel vision is to his own detriment, but he can pass. I think the problem with him is more that he doesn't respect the team, which isn't okay but I can't be mad when we're committed to losing.
  • Like 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

I'm pretty sure. That's why I'm like, if 17pts and 8 assist is a bad night for him in the NBA... I'm good with that. 

17 points on 35% shooting and 8 assists with 5 turnovers is not a good night at all but it was one of his worst games last year.  Can't draw much from a single game.

I don't think 17 points will be a bad night for him next year just on volume - he shouldn't get the same % of shots in the NBA that he did in college.  He took 30% of his team's shots at OU while Steph Curry took just under 19% of his teams shots (if you prorate Curry's FGA/gm over 78 games to account for the large number of games missed last season due to injury).    Trae scored 17 points on 17 FGA in that game. 

If he can maintain a good FT rate that will really help his scoring stability (that game was actually one where he did not have a lot of FT's so a 35% fg% won't look great from an efficiency standpoint without FTs bolstering the points).   Trae averaged 8.6 FGA/gm and while that will surely drop as his number of shots drops if he can maintain a ratio of 2 FTAs per every 4.5 shots taken that would be a fantastic element to his game.