• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

So the Basketball Messiah only managed 3-16 shooting for 10 points and six turnovers. Every other Hawks site let alone NBA site has been calling him out for being hot garbage. We have threads on this forum about not playing him at all now to protect his confidence going forwards. Smh. 

I'm just gonna keep watching all of these games with this kid like this:

giphy.gif

How much does a rebuild get set back when you whiff hard on your first top three draft pick?

I'm hoping on all that is good and holy that the Twolves end up trading for Young.  Just for your sake.  You deserve it.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I thought Lindsey said he COULD see why Trae may have gotten upset when Grayson was doing the jake the snake DDT on him. ? Grayson needs a warm welcome to the league. I hope he messes with the craziest guy in the first week. It’ll be like in prison, he needs to step up to the first big guy otherswise he’s gonna be somebody’s B for a NY minute.

THIS! ? 

I don't think he said 'could' but I was half into a b*tch-session about the announcers so I could be sothwrong.  That's my new word for being purposely obtuse.  KBwrong doesn't have the same ring to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I don't think he said 'could' but I was half into a b*tch-session about the announcers so I could be sothwrong.  That's my new word for being purposely obtuse.  KBwrong doesn't have the same ring to it.

Sssshhhh you’ll wake up ..

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . true. 

I'm one of the few Dennis supporters left here.  I personally don't want him going anywhere until we see exactly what we have in Trae.   If we trade Dennis for peanuts, and Trae's game never transitions to the NBA ( or it takes 2 - 4 years for him to start to reach his potential ), we're going to be forced to overpay a point guard in free agency, just to be competitive for an 8th seed.

I get the 'trade Dennis' cries blah blah blah.....but I'm going to be really annoyed if like you say we trade him for peanuts. That's just not good asset management, with all his issues Dennis is still an asset, he's not a Noah style salary dump. I've seen nothing from Trae that tells me he should be staring in a regular season NBA game.

51 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Just hoping everyone feels better when Trae is making sweet passes to Taurean Prince for some 3’s and Collins for jams on oops ? upside ur heads all around the league. Trae is 19 years old! He’s played 3 summer league games. Unless you absolutely hated the guy for some reason to begin with, you shouldn’t even doubt any of his abilities now just because of 3 games and playing those.....

THIS! ? 

That's an excuse, most of the rooks are 19. John Collins was 19 and had many a WOW moments last year. I don't need Trae to be trying to win ROY in summer league, I just need him to not underwhelm  and he has been UNDERWHELMING.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I get the 'trade Dennis' cries blah blah blah.....but I'm going to be really annoyed if like you say we trade him for peanuts. That's just not good asset management, with all his issues Dennis is still an asset, he's not a Noah style salary dump. I've seen nothing from Trae that tells me he should be staring in a regular season NBA game.

That's an excuse, most of the rooks are 19. John Collins was 19 and had many a WOW moments last year. I don't need Trae to be trying to win ROY in summer league, I just need him to not underwhelm  and he has been UNDERWHELMING.

I fee that bird but you know the kid wants to explode on opening night in the REGULAR season I think. I dunno, I keep wanting him to somewhat underwhelm a bit..but not too much I guess. 

True about age though I guess in today’s game about 80% of rookies are 19 years old.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I fee that bird but you know the kid wants to explode on opening night in the REGULAR season I think. I dunno, I keep wanting him to somewhat underwhelm a bit..but not too much I guess. 

True about age though I guess in today’s game about 80% of rookies are 19 years old.

So you think he didn't want TO EXPLODE in summer league. C'mon man 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

spud is just messin with you.  At least I hope so otherwise soth-wrong gon' be all up in his grill.

I like how I'm purposefully obtuse about Basketball Jesus being hot garbage in every game so far. Oh wait. That's called being right. Do you know what the word obtuse means? Cuz I don't think you do.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I like how I'm purposefully obtuse about Basketball Jesus being hot garbage in every game so far. Oh wait. That's called being right. Do you know what the word obtuse means? Cuz I don't think you do.

Look warden..soth im

bot being obtuse..I’m just tryin to give the kid a chance.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Look warden..soth im

You are hoping Schlenk didn't make another Atlanta sports epic mistake. I hope he didn't either. But I'm not going to shine up a turd just to keep the faith.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, kg01 said:

spud is just messin with you.  At least I hope so otherwise soth-wrong gon' be all up in his grill.

He'd better be. I thought he was being obtuse.

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Look warden..soth im

Nice.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Mayne first of all, if you think I'm a Young fan, you need to check my stats.  It may be easier for you to understand that I'm simply trying to, like @Spud2nique said, give the dude a chance before tearing into him.  Clearly he hasn't played well.  It doesn't take much insight to see that.

If you simply choose to be ultra-negative, that's fine.  But dang, give other folks room to try to find a silver lining.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, kg01 said:

Mayne first of all, if you think I'm a Young fan, you need to check my stats.  It may be easier for you to understand that I'm simply trying to, like @Spud2nique said, give the dude a chance before tearing into him.  Clearly he hasn't played well.  It doesn't take much insight to see that.

If you simply choose to be ultra-negative, that's fine.  But dang, give other folks room to try to find a silver lining.

I gave you guys like three weeks of sunshine and happiness. I didn't say a word. Not a peep. I said before the draft and during the draft that he was going to be a bust. I'm being absolutely consistent with what I said before. His play in SL has been atrocious. I don't know what silver linings there can be but I'm not keeping anyone from reaching for them.

I hope he proves me wrong and is a HoF player. My wanting the Hawks to have good players and win games outweighs by a magnitude of infinity my estimation of my own talent evaluation. But I'm not going to sit here and shine up turds and pretend that kid is playing great when he's not. It is just that simple.

• Like 1

Just now, Sothron said:

I gave you guys like three weeks of sunshine and happiness. I didn't say a word. Not a peep. I said before the draft and during the draft that he was going to be a bust. I'm being absolutely consistent with what I said before. His play in SL has been atrocious. I don't know what silver linings there can be but I'm not keeping anyone from reaching for them.

I hope he proves me wrong and is a HoF player. My wanting the Hawks to have good players and win games outweighs by a magnitude of infinity my estimation of my own talent evaluation. But I'm not going to sit here and shine up turds and pretend that kid is playing great when he's not. It is just that simple.

It's possible to acknowledge his terri-bad play while also parsing out the glimmers of effective play he had.

I said all year long, when OK was winning, and again once they started to lose that I considered him a fool's gold prospect.  Now that he's a Hawk, I feel it serves no purpose to dig all that up.  Shiii, we can plainly see he's having issues.  For me, it's the same issues I expected him to have all along.  But he's a Hawk now so .... I just can't stay on the negative.  I gotta find something positive to grasp onto.  In the back of my mind, I see major issues not only with his play but with the coach's approach and again with the GM's abilities.

But dang, whatchu want me to do all offseason, mayne??!

• Like 1