• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who stays?

JayBirdHawk

13 hours ago, AHF said:

This also goes to the value of having space when the season starts.  There will be one or more teams during the year that end up desperate to get below the tax line and need some help.  There is definitely value in being able to facilitate that or to facilitate trades where you can take on salary (not just trades where a team is willing to pay to dump salary but being the third party that makes a value trade work).  

Exactly....that is the time you hold someone hostage for a draft pick.  Which is why nothing by cheap salaries are a problem.  In some cases, you have to send back some salary so you stay below the salary line.  Right now...Plumlee is gold on our roster because you can flip his 12 million to someone for their $25 million and still stay below the cap...avoiding trade rules.  We have so many 1-5 million dollar players right now, it does limit us some in making that mid-season trade.  Plumlee is our out right now to make it happen.

Adams and Alpha. Both were productive in my opinion. Jaylen was horrible on defense and Cleveland was a black hole with the ball. I understood that he was trying to make the team but pass it sometimes.

Adams had few turnovers and can shoot. When Alpha came into the games, we tended to come back from deep deficits.  He was a welcomed relief from the walking plywood.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, thecampster said:

Exactly....that is the time you hold someone hostage for a draft pick.  Which is why nothing by cheap salaries are a problem.  In some cases, you have to send back some salary so you stay below the salary line.  Right now...Plumlee is gold on our roster because you can flip his 12 million to someone for their $25 million and still stay below the cap...avoiding trade rules.  We have so many 1-5 million dollar players right now, it does limit us some in making that mid-season trade.  Plumlee is our out right now to make it happen.

It depends on how far you are under the cap.  For example, if you are $20M under the cap it doesn't do you any good to sign someone for $12M so you can flip his salary.  As a team under the cap, you can disregard the need to match salaries as long as you are not more than $100k over the cap after the trade.  So dealing a $5M player lets you take back $25M in salary in that example and having signed a $12M player doesn't help you in any way (in that scenario you are then trading the same $5M player but instead of "sending" $20M in cap space you are "sending" $8M in space and a $12M player).  Because we have significant space under the cap, I don't see a big advantage to us going and signing a vet to a plus dollar price for purposes of having them as a trade piece.

• Premium Member

Kaba will return to France for another season but hopes to be back soon.

“I feel ready to come here,” he said of his progression to the NBA. “I’m just trying to take my opportunities and be ready.”

That boy was looking ripped. 

OT:  Moose is going into his 5th NBA season and looks like he doesn't know where the weight room is, smh.

• Like 1