• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know it's still early but Schlenk....

sillent

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We have 3 point guards on the roster now and used a top 5 pick on one...we need a defensive big like yesterday

D Anthony Melton can play and guard 1 or 2, but unlike our current PGs actually projects to be a very good defensive player. If we draft him maybe you don't trade for Lin. When our point guards are getting worked every night I guarantee we will be looking for a defensive compliment to Trae when John Wall is eating him alive. 

Definitely need a defensive big,  but I question does Schlenk want a big that can't shoot. Early results say no with Dedmon and Spellman. I think Melton has more upside too, and we are in talent acquisition mode. 

There was a lot of talent in this second round. I think there will some ballers. 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, ATLien_ said:

D Anthony Melton can play and guard 1 or 2, but unlike our current PGs actually projects to be a very good defensive player. If we draft him maybe you don't trade for Lin. When our point guards are getting worked every night I guarantee we will be looking for a defensive compliment to Trae when John Wall is eating him alive. 

Definitely need a defensive big,  but I question does Schlenk want a big that can't shoot. Early results say no with Dedmon and Spellman. I think Melton has more upside too, and we are in talent acquisition mode. 

I hear you with Melton and would have been fine with the pick but man if we get into foul trouble up front, we are in deep doo doo

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 7/14/2018 at 2:24 PM, thecampster said:

I'll say it again, Kevin Heurter is the one player in this draft people are going to look back on and say "how did he slip out of the lottery".  He is Kyle Korver but able to put the ball on the floor and go to the basket.  Korver + handles + at least an average defender at 19.

Excuse me while I take a second to pat myself of the back. 🤩

• Like 3