I'm beginning to realize why the fan base for the Hawks is so fractured

Peoriabird

Well maybe the common fan will believe these things but honestly if you’ve been following the hawks long enough (and looks like you have) you realize people barely even pay attention to the franchise as a whole including those who work in the industry.

Second negative reactions are natural for sports teams that hasn’t made a lot of noise. I noticed for you any negative reaction on the squawk seems to drive up your blood pressure but those posters like many of us has seen the same story before no matter if we talking tanking or whatever! At some point you get fed up as a fan that’s been following the team for so long and want just see something go right for once .

Also you tend to get disappointed in what other posters believe is going to happen with the team so you start to mock individuals. But judging by your 8,000 plus post you should know many many members on the squawk has been right in the past on the direction of this team.

i think you feel most posters are negative here based on how they feel about certain things but that’s not the case. they or I should say WE been watching the hawks long enough to not get overly excited until we actually see some results.

• Like 1

Brad and Jeff are terrible 

Jeremy Lin hasn't been healthy in 2 years and Kent and Prince is easily better right now healthy or not. 

Collins surpassed that projection as a rookie. While last season. He wasn't the perfect fit for the modern NBA, his offensive projections was higher than Shawn Kemp and close to Blake Griffin. He measures close to Karl Malone and his growth over the summer reminds you of Karl Malone year to year growth especially in terms of shooting.

Atlanta uses Moose and Dedmon at both positions and will exclusively use John as a PF. Spellman is a PF as well.

That's a terrible hot take on Dorsey. He does a great job of playing the passing lane and rebounding as well

Landale was trash. He showed some solid BBIQ and he rolled hard and screened hard but he is likely going to continue his career in a Basketball weak European country 

Spellman defense is solid, it's his conditioning that is trash.

The Dennis part is currently true for now. That's why its important for both him and us to rebuild his value similar to what we did with Bazemore. While he will still be difficult to trade with ease. If we can get an asset that would be good. Dennis has to prove to the league that he is a decent starting NBA PG. If he can prove that, he can be moved. He also has to mature. Vibe around the league on Dennis is too negative. Dennis knows that as well as his agent and he's working hard on his game. He still wants to be moved but realized no one wants him and he wants to proven doubters wrong now. We should see a much better Dennis

• Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Brad and Jeff are terrible 

Thank you...I thought I was the only one to think so.  Every time I tune in after a player they hate does really well think they would give the guy some credit...Nope It doesn't happen.  So if you don't really follow the team or watch them closely, you think all of these guys stink.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Brad and Jeff are not terrible.  They are very good, and they are mostly right when it comes to their coverage on this team.

So you agree that Collin's ceiling is Faried? Or Bazemore was the best player on the team until Lin Showed up.  Brad use to shower praise on Delaney.  You agree with all of that garbage?

• Like 1

I agree Chris Guest, Soaring Down South,   thinks Doncic is gods gift to earth and I guarantee that dude had not even seen  single full game of his. Just some BS highlights.  

Rowland and Siegal also pump the same crap.

Im calling it . Trae Young rookie of the year!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you agree that Collin's ceiling is Faried? Or Bazemore was the best player on the team until Lin Showed up.  Brad use to shower praise on Delaney.  You agree with all of that garbage?

I don't agree that Collins's ceiling is Faried.  I think his ceiling is Stoudemire.

I do agree that Bazemore was the best player on the team in 2017-2018, ,and based on Jeremy Lin in 36 games from 2016, he would have had the highest BPM on the team this past season as a healthy player.  Lin is an upgrade from Dennis if he is on the court.

I also don't agree with Brad and Jeff in that tanking was necessary.  In fact, I've had many heated arguments with both over that topic that lead to me getting banned at PTH and blocked by Jeff on twitter.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I also don't agree with Brad and Jeff in that tanking was necessary.  In fact, I've had many heated arguments with both over that topic that lead to me getting banned at PTH and blocked by Jeff on twitter.

Dude...You just made my day!!!

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I do agree that Bazemore was the best player on the team in 2017-2018, ,and based on Jeremy Lin in 36 games from 2016, he would have had the highest BPM on the team this past season as a healthy player.  Lin is an upgrade from Dennis if he is on the court.

Even if you can make the argument that Baze had a better season than others on the team, You still can't make the argument that he is the best player on the team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Even if you can make the argument that Baze had a better season than others on the team, You still can't make the argument that he is the best player on the team.

I think you can.  The only other guy you can make an argument for during this past season is Dewayne Dedmon.  

The thing with John Collins is that there is hope that he will be very good, but he's not very good yet.  

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think you can.  The only other guy you can make an argument for during this past season is Dewayne Dedmon.  

The thing with John Collins is that there is hope that he will be very good, but he's not very good yet.  

Didn't he lead the team in win share?  And don't tell me you are one those people that thinks you should judge a 19 year for what he is because there is only a remote chance that he improves are you?

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Didn't he lead the team in win share?  And don't tell me you are one those people that thinks you should judge a 19 year for what he is because there is only a remote chance that he improves are you?

I absolutely evaluate players for what they are right now.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, High5 said:

I don't think 99.9% of Hawks fans have any idea who those two guys are. 

That would be a good thing if true!  But unfortunately, their content is all over the internet and on twitter feeds including the one on this site.

• Premium Member
Just now, KB21 said:

I absolutely evaluate players for what they are right now.  

Now I get it.!  That's why you and Rowland/Seigel think similarly But the strange then about this admission is JJJ.  If that JJJ is what he is, he definitely should not be a lottery pick

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Now I get it.!  That's why you and Rowland/Seigel think similarly But the strange then about this admission is JJJ.  If that JJJ is what he is, he definitely should not be a lottery pick

Yes, he should, because JJJ is a far better player right now than the two bigs who were taken before him.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

That would be a good thing if true!  But unfortunately, their content is all over the internet and on twitter feeds including the one on this site.

They have about 10K followers between the two of them and most are probably shared. They're nobodies. They definitely aren't responsible for any "fracture" in the fanbase. Many of their own opinions seem to be unpopular with the vast majority of fans and the rest is echoed from national writers. 

• Like 4