• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do we have to allow for the possibility that CLE is just that bad?

sturt

On 10/22/2018 at 3:50 PM, AHF said:

I'm worried.  On paper they seem like they should be fighting for the 8th seed.  This will kind of cement Love's legacy for me.  Is he empty numbers or can he really drive a team to success?

In fairness playing with  osman does insult the intelligence of many. That guy is not good. Hood needs to pick it up as well. I think a better line up would be hill, korver, hood, love and Thompson. Collin, korver and nance as reserves. But I think the narrative and the actual product are miss align as lue wanted to play the veterans over some of the youngins who management wants him to play

8 hours ago, Sothron said:

It is pretty obvious Cleveland is blatantly tanking to keep us from getting that draft pick. Now they are going to sit Love for a month for a phantom foot issue.

Yeah....this is blatant tanking, and they're going to be rewarded just like they were the last time Lebron left when they were gifted all those draft picks that also didn't want to play for their trash org. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, mcleitsy said:

Yeah....this is blatant tanking, and they're going to be rewarded just like they were the last time Lebron left when they were gifted all those draft picks that also didn't want to play for their trash org. 

Unless you think there is some NBA conspiracy where the NBA chooses to favor smaller TV markets over larger ones, I don't see any reason to think that they will be "gifted" a bunch of #1 overall picks again.  They had a period of good odds combined with extremely good luck.  They could get lucky again but no reason to think that past results of a random event predict future ones.  

For karma's sake, I hope they eat it with lower lottery picks for a while.

12 hours ago, Sothron said:

It is pretty obvious Cleveland is blatantly tanking to keep us from getting that draft pick. Now they are going to sit Love for a month for a phantom foot issue.

At least a month.  They could shut him down  later on ala Mike "I'm medically cleared to return but out for the year" Bibby.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Unless you think there is some NBA conspiracy where the NBA chooses to favor smaller TV markets over larger ones, I don't see any reason to think that they will be "gifted" a bunch of #1 overall picks again.  They had a period of good odds combined with extremely good luck.  They could get lucky again but no reason to think that past results of a random event predict future ones.  

For karma's sake, I hope they eat it with lower lottery picks for a while.

At least a month.  They could shut him down  later on ala Mike "I'm medically cleared to return but out for the year" Bibby.

Cleveland isn't the typical small market team. Between football and baseball they're basically America's underdog. So I definitely think the case to make the conspiracy argument is there.....

In this case though, I'm just one of those people who likes to take digs at Cleveland

Cleveland_Noah.png

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

Cleveland isn't the typical small market team. Between football and baseball they're basically America's underdog. So I definitely think the case to make the conspiracy argument is there.....

My experience is there is always a conspiracy argument to be made regardless of the facts.