• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young Doesn’t Need to Be Luka Doncic to Win Rookie of the Year

HawkItus

27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What's really amazing is that we have two guys not even 21 years old in the league picked 3 and 5 that are averaging 20 points each with tons of assists in their first 2 weeks in the NBA.   That's crazy.   And honestly I think Trae reset the bar on himself with that Cleveland game.   No one is patient with him anymore.  Suddenly he's expected to be an all star already.   Which is great.   

The other great thing for Hawks fans is we have 3 rookies that are playing decent minutes and looking really good so far.   When have we ever had one?  I know it's a rebuilding year but Heurter especially is looking like he'll be getting a lot minutes in the future.   

Trae, so far, is looking like our best rookie since Horford came and we made the playoffs. I was happy we got him, but slightly concerned how he would match up in the NBA. He’s got a lot to work on like most 19 year olds, but he’s going to be a star. Running an offense and get guys good looks comes easy to him at Day 1. He’s still another 4-5 years away from playing his best basketball.

• Like 1

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Trae, so far, is looking like our best rookie since Horford came and we made the playoffs. I was happy we got him, but slightly concerned how he would match up in the NBA. He’s got a lot to work on like most 19 year olds, but he’s going to be a star. Running an offense and get guys good looks comes easy to him at Day 1. He’s still another 4-5 years away from playing his best basketball.

Don't short Trae - He was 20 to start the year.  You know how youngsters get when you call them younger than they are!

• Like 1