• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young Doesn’t Need to Be Luka Doncic to Win Rookie of the Year

HawkItus

I like Luka too but I think it will come down to Trae and Ayton for ROY. 7 - 8 assist a game for a rookie is almost unheard of. For a 19 year old rookie it is unheard of. Trae just needs to keep his FG% and 3PT % at least where they are now and he will be hard to beat. If he gets better than right now ( a real possibility ) I think it is over.

45 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Working with a realtor for a place in SoCal right now. If you know anyone though in SoCal please PM me ? 

I damn sure do, lemme hold that referral fee!

• Admin

His offensive game has been a bright spot ... he takes some bad shots but his passing has been excellent and I am happy to see he has been keeping the turnovers down

...but c’mon, his D is beyond awful.  You can’t defend it because he doesn’t give a lot of effort there at all.  I hope he learns to even try there but right now it’s terrible 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, capstone21 said:

His offensive game has been a bright spot ... he takes some bad shots but his passing has been excellent and I am happy to see he has been keeping the turnovers down

...but c’mon, his D is beyond awful.  You can’t defend it because he doesn’t give a lot of effort there at all.  I hope he learns to even try there but right now it’s terrible 

I’ll always grade his defense on a curve relative to his size and other players, anyone hoping for him to be solid in a vacuum is cray.  He’s saved more points than Doncic and Sexton so I can’t complain:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/1056564998929960962/photo/1

I’ve never been bullish on Trae but I am encouraged by his FT Rate (.405) and his ability to get to where he wants usually is amazing with his choppy strides and nonexistent upper body strength.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

And I think ROY is already sewn up by Ayton.

Wayyyyy too early to say anything is sewn up.  Ayton has been good but not so good that it looks like he will dramatically separate from the other top rooks.  Maybe he will but let's see how things play out a bit longer.

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Wayyyyy too early to say anything is sewn up.  Ayton has been good but not so good that it looks like he will dramatically separate from the other top rooks.  Maybe he will but let's see how things play out a bit longer.

You’re right.  I just can’t see any other rookie distinguishing themself as much as he already has.  I’ve only seen glimpses of him play but his numbers look fake.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

You’re right.  I just can’t see any other rookie distinguishing themself as much as he already has.  I’ve only seen glimpses of him play but his numbers look fake.

He's fitting right in with nuevo-Carmelo aka Devin Booker in terms of putting up empty, non-winning stats.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oof, shading one KAT to protect another cat, AH?

Man, you've changed ... for the better. 

exc

Welcome to the dark side.

I've got my UK bias but pretending like KAT hasn't shown a disinterest in playing D and doing the little things would be like pretending Antoine Walker didn't like to shoot ridiculous 3's.  Although I suppose his game would be better received today than it was then.  Either way, both Ayton and KAT put up huge numbers and are extremely talented but largely are only positive impacts on one side of the floor which limits their total impact.

That is why I said last week if we are dreaming dreams of grabbing a FA big, we should think AD and not KAT.

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Ayton defense is horrible. 

I wouldn’t call a 10 rebound guy “horrible” on D but I did see a couple highlights where he didn’t look too engaged.  His low block average at his size and minutes was a red flag when looking at his line.   Still his FG, FT, and assist to turnover are exceptional for a rook.