• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young Doesn’t Need to Be Luka Doncic to Win Rookie of the Year

HawkItus

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/10/25/18022300/trae-young-rookie-of-the-year

Scouts and executives around the league have long said Young is a hard worker, so if he continues making strides like he did this summer, he should stay on track to reach his upside—no matter what that is. For now, Young is still at the beginning. The game is stretching out to the perimeter and being played at a faster pace. If Young is to someday become one of the NBA’s top point guards, he was drafted into the perfect environment for it.

• Like 1

I read this morning. Gives a breakdown of Trae's strengths and weaknesses. I think the defense thing is a bit overblown. GS hides Steph on defense. Portland hides Lillard. It's not the end of the world if he isn't an elite defender. I mean even Luka had some v questionable defensive plays last night (someone pull the clip of Baze dunking on him. Looks just like a clip of Trae getting dunked on in the article).

• Like 4

5 hours ago, mcleitsy said:

I read this morning. Gives a breakdown of Trae's strengths and weaknesses. I think the defense thing is a bit overblown. GS hides Steph on defense. Portland hides Lillard. It's not the end of the world if he isn't an elite defender. I mean even Luka had some v questionable defensive plays last night (someone pull the clip of Baze dunking on him. Looks just like a clip of Trae getting dunked on in the article).

Honestly bazemore crossed Doncic up a few times as well. And baze will not be best dribbler he will see in this league 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Great fair and balanced article on Trae. I agree with this article he has to be elite offensively to make up for his other short comings, but even if he is elite offensively we could struggle like Damien Lilliard in the playoffs because of his D. Trae is a better playmaker than Lilliard though so that should give him an avenue to contribute more to winning and be more impactful than Dame.

Secondly roster construction will be key; you can only have one bad defender in a championship lineup.  Dame would look alot better with Draymond and Klay on his side. If Trae is going to be the designated defensive liability then everyone else is going to have to be solid.  Trae has to give better effort though and quit the olay crap. If they shoot over his short arms fine,  but he's quick enough to not give up constant dribble penetration like he has. 

Right now this team has too many offensive only players. Trae has physical limitations, but I'm looking at Taurean and others and asking what's your excuse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Tops CBS rookie power rankings ...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-rookie-power-rankings-is-every-top-five-nba-draft-pick-this-year-actually-good/

Hey, it's better than nothin'.  TrHaters quiet for at least another week, I guess.

I liked this and it actually allowed me to like it..hmm woohoo ? mods letting Spud ? parrrrtttyyy on a Friday night!!!

2 hours ago, hazer said:

Spellman sighting!

Yes sir! He knows how to play...he got that real feel for it!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I liked this and it actually allowed me to like it..hmm woohoo ? mods letting Spud ? parrrrtttyyy on a Friday night!!!

Yes sir! He knows how to play...he got that real feel for it!

CalOmari all SAVVY and whatnot 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

? id love to have u as a neighbor! #Madwitty

Unless you can put up with the delicious aroma of pecan smoke and pork shoulder wafting over into your yard several days a week,  and the booming sounds of Queens of the Stone Age echoing off the trees, you’d prolly calls the cops on us regular ? ? ? ? ? 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, hazer said:

Unless you can put up with the delicious aroma of pecan smoke and pork shoulder wafting over into your yard several days a week,  and the booming sounds of Queens of the Stone Age echoing off the trees, you’d prolly calls the cops on us regular ? ? ? ? ? 

That sounds delightful but only if I can come kick it on ur garage and listen to some of it ? 

26 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That sounds delightful but only if I can come kick it on ur garage and listen to some of it ? 

??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hazer said:

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

And ribs. And chicken quarters. That’s just the smoker, don’t get me started on the grill. And Eagles of Death Metal. And Hank Sr. ????

• Like 3

Just now, hazer said:

And ribs. And chicken quarters. That’s just the smoker, don’t get me started on the grill. And Eagles of Death Metal. And Hank Sr. ????

I’d desperately like to be ur friend! 

?‍♀️??‍?‍? ??‍♂️

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’d desperately like to be ur friend! 

?‍♀️??‍?‍? ??‍♂️

Move to metro ATL. I know this Realtor ?

• Like 1