• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Roster Situation (Cap/Contracts/FA/Etc...)

REHawksFan

Maybe someone can help me out on the Cap situation.  @thecampster

About the only thing I can figure out is that we have about $66.8M in expiring contracts after this season.  But how much available space do we have left for this season? 

Here's Sportrac. It says Hawks have $12,100,485 in "Practical Cap Space".  But does that include Dedmon's cap hold?  I'm unclear on that.  His cap hold is $9.3M.  

Any help? 

Also, it looks like we have 14 roster spots taken with Adams on a non-guaranteed so it could be 13 roster spots with still needing a back up PG.   

12 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

About the only thing I can figure out is that we have about $66.8M in expiring contracts after this season.  But how much available space do we have left for this season? 

Here's Sportrac. It says Hawks have $12,100,485 in "Practical Cap Space".  But does that include Dedmon's cap hold?  I'm unclear on that.  His cap hold is $9.3M.  

Any help? 

Also, it looks like we have 14 roster spots taken with Adams on a non-guaranteed so it could be 13 roster spots with still needing a back up PG.   

Practical removed all cap holds

Cap wise, I have them in a great place. The issue I have is if you add the potential LAL deal, they would have 365,317 and that's with Adams being cut and the roster spot exception being added. The Hawks must know Crabbe will give money back. 

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

So that means unless they renounce the cap hold they only have $2.8 M to sign a PG right?  

Assuming they do not make the Laker trade and cut Adams, they will have 3,115,055 with 13 spots filled.

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Wrong, 12 slots filled, not 13. 

I think you had it right at 13 assuming Adams is cut: 

Alex Len, 😄 $4.3M (2020)

Allen Crabbe, SG: $18.7M (2020)

DeAndre' Bembry, SF: $1.8M (2020)

Jaylen Adams, PG: $0.8M (2020)

John Collins, PF: $2.3M (2021)

Kent Bazemore, SG: $17.5M (2020)

Kevin Huerter, SG: $2.3M (2022)

Miles Plumlee, 😄 $12.5M (2020)

Omari Spellman, PF: $1.8M (2022)

Trae Young, PG: $5.8M (2022)

Solomon Hill, F: $12M (2020)

De'Andre Hunter, PF: $5.9M (2023)

Cam Reddish, SF: $3.7M (2023)

Bruno Fernando, 😄 N/A

4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think you had it right at 13 assuming Adams is cut: 

Alex Len, 😄 $4.3M (2020)

Allen Crabbe, SG: $18.7M (2020)

DeAndre' Bembry, SF: $1.8M (2020)

Jaylen Adams, PG: $0.8M (2020)

John Collins, PF: $2.3M (2021)

Kent Bazemore, SG: $17.5M (2020)

Kevin Huerter, SG: $2.3M (2022)

Miles Plumlee, 😄 $12.5M (2020)

Omari Spellman, PF: $1.8M (2022)

Trae Young, PG: $5.8M (2022)

Solomon Hill, F: $12M (2020)

De'Andre Hunter, PF: $5.9M (2023)

Cam Reddish, SF: $3.7M (2023)

Bruno Fernando, 😄 N/A

Bruno has no cap hold so he doesn't count for now. He only counts once he's signed. 

Atlanta has over two weeks to figure out their cap situation and players who want buyouts for more PT on their contract year will start requesting buyouts. 

Buyout candidates:

Crabbe - Extremely likely. 

Solo Hill - If he gets interest on the open market from a contender with real mins, expect him to ask for a buyout. 

Unlikely Buyout candidates:

Bazemore (wants to be here long term and it seems the feeling is mutual) 

Plumlee (Last year in the NBA if he did) Not accepting an offer.

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Any help? 

Removing all cap holds for free agents we have approximately 12 million assuming no one is waived and al draft picks sign for their hold. 13 million if the draft picks sign minimum of their scale.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

If a player is bought out, how does that impact the CAP?  Or does it?  

No change.  Carmelo and Jamaal still counted against our cap even though we bought them out, if my understanding is correct.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It depends on the buyouts on the vets we can bring in. 

Need some guys who can teach and mentor both on and off the court ... that’s very important for a young team.

another reason to not follow PHX model.

Addressing Adams, he is here for now and will stay unless something surfaces post July 6. Use shamsports.com capulator to figure things out (currently catching up). Remove Dedmons hold because either he signs or he doesn't so the room to sign him is the same.  

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Need some guys who can teach and mentor both on and off the court ... that’s very important for a young team.

another reason to not follow PHX model.

Very much agreed. Vince might not be back with us but some Vince type would be really great for the kids.