• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Media Draft Grades

AHF

21 hours ago, AHF said:

This sums it up in amazing fashion:

Watching him pivot from "that was crazy stupid, Phoenix!! 😲" to "ummm...right...that's my former teammate, guess I should say some nice things." is great.

CJ had nagging injuries for 3 years that were fixed this year and he showed better athleticism.  His athleticism at the combine was solid, he is tall, and he can hit a lot of the shots.  He is not strong enough.  I think that he was the best shooter in the draft, shouldn't be too surprising he went in that range.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kerrypack said:

CJ had nagging injuries for 3 years that were fixed this year and he showed better athleticism.  His athleticism at the combine was solid, he is tall, and he can hit a lot of the shots.  He is not strong enough.  I think that he was the best shooter in the draft, shouldn't be too surprising he went in that range.

It is and it is even harder to pass on Culver to get him.

17 hours ago, AHF said:

It is and it is even harder to pass on Culver to get him.

they got saric plus 11.  I dunno what saric is worth, but he may be worth something to them. 5 years ago I would have definitely agreed with you, but look at how much elite shooting is valued now.  We can see it with huerter.

I don't think that most people, including me, know how to value someone who is an elite shooter but not an elite athlete, especially an elite shooter like johnson who should be able to get his shot off.  I thought it was a bit of a reach, but I thought that mid teens made sense and I thought that he should be valued ahead of herro.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kerrypack said:

they got saric plus 11.  I dunno what saric is worth, but he may be worth something to them. 5 years ago I would have definitely agreed with you, but look at how much elite shooting is valued now.  We can see it with huerter.

I don't think that most people, including me, know how to value someone who is an elite shooter but not an elite athlete, especially an elite shooter like johnson who should be able to get his shot off.  I thought it was a bit of a reach, but I thought that mid teens made sense and I thought that he should be valued ahead of herro.

Saric is a free agent after this year so seems like a piece you want to test drive but not great value.  Maybe Johnson will turn into an elite bomber but I’m not holding my breath.