• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Media Draft Grades

AHF

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ja/JJJ/Clarke

Indeed. They are a few pieces away. Would be fun to meet beat them in the 2022 finals! 😉 

Battle of the South! ATL vs Memphis

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1141854812008591366?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-4241847469607895722.ampproject.net%2F1906111828200%2Fframe.html

Indeed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Hey I was watching Fast Eddie Johnson and the Fastbreaks too.  With Drew and Tree. 

I caught that bus also. Dan Roundfield and Tree were my favorite players back then.

Its great to read all the positives. The pundits are coming around and man we got taller/bigger in this draft. Will all these players be enough in grab another 10 wins? I think so, but it will take about 15 more wins to make the playoffs. 8th seed will be close.

Getting some defensive stops is going to be fun to watch this year!

• Like 3

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, pimp said:

This is what I imagined what  it was like in the Suns war-room last night

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This sums it up in amazing fashion:

Watching him pivot from "that was crazy stupid, Phoenix!! 😲" to "ummm...right...that's my former teammate, guess I should say some nice things." is great.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

This sums it up in amazing fashion:

Watching him pivot from "that was crazy stupid, Phoenix!! 😲" to "ummm...right...that's my former teammate, guess I should say some nice things." is great.

Hahaha ... eggsactly.

There needs to be a thought bubble over his head, "So y'all jerks desperately need a point guard and yall drafted that clown instead-a drafting me?"

1 hour ago, pimp said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/06/nba-draft-2019-winners-losers

Winners

Atlanta Hawks

The Hawks already had a pretty great young core to build around with Trae Young, John Collins and Kevin Huerter, one of the steals of last year’s draft. Then they traded up with the Pelicans to take De’Andre Hunter, who could be a force on both ends of the court. They also took arguably the best player available at No. 10 with Duke’s Cam Reddish.

Yes, they spent this offseason taking on bad contracts in Solomon Hill and Allen Crabbe, but those both expire after next season, right when this team could take its next step.

That’s how you do a full rebuild.

Amen. Amen. Amen.

Paging @KB21....where you at???

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Haha, this is so appropriate:

Grade? "Phoenix".  Haha.

Is there any doubt that James Jones is over his head in that position?

Best grade ever, lol.

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Amen. Amen. Amen.

Paging @KB21....where you at???

Who?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sothron said:

I don't really catch NBARadio but I was already watch our games last season 😛 I've been on the bus since the late  70's standing on my dad's shoulders watching fast Eddie Johnson back in the day. The only person that is further back on this bus is @Gray Mule my young whippersnapper.

Thinking maybe Gray is the only other Squawk cat other than myself remembering when Richie Guerin dropped his coaching duds and scored like a banshee in the second half of some playoff games. Crazy but true, he physically should not have been able to do that but he did. Maybe you have a few memories of that stuff Soth. It was kind of ridiculous but really fun. As far back as I can remember with our guys.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

By the way, the Chicago media is raving about Coby White like they won the lottery! Lol!

He is an exciting prospect.  I'd be thrilled if I were in their shoes or Minny having gotten Culver, etc.  This is the time to be excited by your new toys.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

He is an exciting prospect.  I'd be thrilled if I were in their shoes or Minny having gotten Culver, etc.  This is the time to be excited by your new toys.

They think he is a point guard...I dont see much difference between him and Levine

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They think he is a point guard...I dont see much difference between him and Levine

He will play point for them.  Will have to watch them but White should be a notably better passer.  I’d use Jamaal Murray as a comparison.

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Indeed.

Oooooohhhhh @AHF came back with a skrong gif game {insert Olsen twin gif don’t have that power yet}.

Have I told you how beautiful Ashley looks today? 😊 

I dunno what’s going on with me. I’m walking 🚶‍♀️ by people saying hi 👋 being friendly, offering my help anywhere I can. I think the Hawks are the reason I’ve been moody for the last 20..30.. well whatever years. I wasn’t moody in 88 when I was 12 but still said F*ck when Bird out duel 🤺 ‘d Nique.

Anyways, I hope 🤞🏽 this lasts forever, this soap 🧼 opera called “As the Spud 🥔 turns”. 

Hear 👂🏽 hear 👂🏽 AHF,

Hawks in 6 over the Grizz in the 2022 NBA finals. You heard it here first.

MVP- Trae ( 27/17/6)        

Collins : 20/18

Reddish: 30/8/4

Hunter: 14/12/5 (blocks)

I can dream a bit 😊 doesn’t seem impossible anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

By the way, the Chicago media is raving about Coby White like they won the lottery! Lol!

He is my “Collin Sexton” of the draft. He’s a smaller guard that had his way in college and it might not translate in the pros. Reminds me a bit of Shammond Williams from UNC back in the day. Also played for us towards the end I think if memory serves. 

He stands out as biggest bust possibility to me. Just a hunch. Bulls get a C-/D+ from me. I dunno what the heck the Bulls, Suns are doing. Who knows though but it looks bad to me.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

At the very least by selecting Hunter and Reddish and quite frankly Bruno, the Hawks have become one of the most diverse defensive teams in the league.  We can go big perimeter with Huerter/Cam/Hunter line up or very defensive with a Bembry/Cam/Hunter line up.  This is winning basketball.  Horford prove to the league that if you know how to defend, you will win!  Heck even our natural starting line up will have size!

Trae 6'2

Huerter 6'7

Hunter 6'8

Collins 6'10

Len 7'1

As you can tell, I love big and skilled over small and skilled

And this is why I said a few weeks ago why it’s extremely important we get stronger, bigger, taller, more length etc in the front court. I felt like we loss some games this past season strictly due to size and it was very irritating 

excellent post by the way !

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He is my “Collin Sexton” of the draft. He’s a smaller guard that had his way in college and it might not translate in the pros. Reminds me a bit of Shammond Williams from UNC back in the day. Also played for us towards the end I think if memory serves. 

He stands out as biggest bust possibility to me. Just a hunch. Bulls get a C-/D+ from me. I dunno what the heck the Bulls, Suns are doing. Who knows though but it looks bad to me.

Could’ve sworn white was a 6’5 point