• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2K with the new guys Hunter/Cam/Bruno

Spud2nique

Just now, AHF said:

So with the ratings of our rookies, where does that put the Hawks as a team in 2K?  In the middle of the pack, near the bottom, etc.?

Decent. Not great, just decent. Offensively, they are pretty good. The game seems to think they have a lot of offensive potential. More than most of the east. 

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Decent. Not great, just decent. Offensively, they are pretty good. The game seems to think they have a lot of offensive potential. More than most of the east. 

Agreed. I have a hard time locking people down overall specially in the interior like in real life. 

The scoring comes nicely if you swing the ball around and play hot potato 🥔 style basketball. That when we seem to be at our best.

At times I also love playing Trae feeding in the post to Karl Malone, I mean Collins, and working inside out and getting some rhythmic passing offense going that way

Generally though I have been losing games to superior team as expected but taking out the Hornets, Grizz, Wiz and Knicks of the 🌍.

ps Even in the updated version which isn’t 2k20 yet, Hunter defends like he’s 😡 at the world. I love it. His size and speed on D is what makes him nice.

If the ratings were based off of rpm

Trae 79

Kevin 79

Cam 74, Pelton liked his HS metrics but hatred his HS metrics 

Collins 84

Len 77 

Parker 74

Hunter 72, rpm didn't like Hunter. 

Turner 72

Jones 72

Bruno 69

Parsons 70

VC 71

Crabbe 74

Bembry 72

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Is there a total team rating?  Haven't played 2k in years.

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

If Hunter is rated higher than Huerter then I’m getting a bit too excited again and have undervalued the 4th pick in the draft greatly. Then there’s this article about him wanting to elevate to a Durant level and that Durant was his fav player and he can’t wait to go up against him.

We may have had one ☝🏾 of the best drafts in any year of any team in nba history. Here’s the article for those who haven’t read it.

https://clutchpoints.com/hawks-news-deandre-hunter-hoping-to-reach-kevin-durant-level/

and here’s what BR considers the best drafts by a one team in history. (This article was 2011 but I don’t think any team has had anything top 20 worthy since.)

Boston obviously killed it in 56 with Russell, Jones and Heinsohn  Russell was ours 😞...

My other fav include the Bulls getting Pippen from the Sonics at 5 in a trade then grabbing Ho Grant 10th overall even though BR says 11th it’s a mistake. Reggie Miller actually went 11th to the Pacers.

Daugherty/Harper and Price to the Cavs in 86 was sweet.

Aguirre and Ro Blackman was nice.

Spider Salley and the worm 🐛 in 86 obviously paid off for the bad boys.

A few others as well on the top 12.

I think we can crack the top 3. The reason I will give us a ceiling of 2 is because the Celts won 11 rings. I don’t think that’s ever happening again. Bulls won 6, that also might not happen. Top 3 baby!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/807273-building-for-the-future-the-top-12-team-drafts-in-nba-history?share=other#slide1

18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think we can crack the top 3. The reason I will give us a ceiling of 2 is because the Celts won 11 rings. I don’t think that’s ever happening again. Bulls won 6, that also might not happen. Top 3 baby!

I will also add:

2018 Hawks: Trae/Huerter

2019: Pelicans (Zion/Hayes/NAW) They have a chance here as well. 3 picks in the top 17.

Its going to be interesting to see if the Pels were better off keeping #4 to either draft Hunter or somebody else. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Ok not sure if this is a weird coincidence or if it’s about to happen but I just beat the Celtics in Boston and Indy in Atlanta in back to back 2K games.

Cam, Hunter and Bruno all look a TON better. Seriously what’s going on? Somebody messing around with ratings cuz they guys aren’t the same guys I played with on 2K 2 weeks ago.

I dunno...2020...something is brewing...

I know it’s a video game 🎮 but I’ve been playing these forever and when they turn in 2K they turn for real 😳 

LETS GO!

Back to back wins in Boston and against Indy! It’s happening!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2