• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

what player would you want as the Backup PointGuard

Blunt91

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, hazer said:

The trade actually makes pragmatic sense, whether it smells like doodoo to me or not. Saves nearly $700k, favor to Baze getting playing time for a contender (was only gonna get 10mins/nt here), nets a positive vet locker room voice who can backup the 1 with 6’7 height, and frees up playing time for the young’nz Huerter/Hunter/Reddish. It’s basically a “like-kind-exchange” (to use a real estate term) for a better ball-handling/facilitating, more benchble, $700k cheaper good locker room presence. That being said, I’m off to throw up in my mouth a ‘lil 🤢

We unquestionably upgraded their roster.  There should have been a second round pick coming our way for letting them jettison expensive deadwood.  Even as overpaid as Baze is, it is such a good filling of need for shooting upgrade that there should have been some concession.  We don’t need Turner at all.

• Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Yeah.  Carrying luggage, filling up the Gatorade cooler, making sure we have enough paper cups.

Best case scenario is he is a nice off the court mentor.  Worst case is he starts mentoring Trae on shooting.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Or he represents an improvement over Jalen Adams

Adams sucks so he could certainly do that and still be pretty terrible.  We really should be signing a FA pg if we have any intention of competing this year.  Neither guy is worthy of the spot.

I would bet on Turner in the regular season at least being better than Adams but that is faint praise given my expectations.  We have $12M.  Go sign real pg and c backups.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Yeah, but those were minor miracles compared to Turner becoming worthwhile.  That would put whoever did that on Mother Teresa level.

Guys,,, y'all act like he wasn't in the rotation of a playoff team

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Adams sucks so he could certainly do that and still be pretty terrible.  We really should be signing a FA pg if we have any intention of competing this year.  Neither guy is worthy of the spot.

I would bet on Turner in the regular season at least being better than Adams but that is faint praise given my expectations.  We have $12M.  Go sign real pg and c backups.

Seem like too many teams have too much money this off season so the prices are elevated this year.  Schlenk might wait until next year when everyone is capped out to get a bargain

• Moderators

Seem like too many teams have too much money this off season so the prices are elevated this year.  Schlenk might wait until next year when everyone is capped out to get a bargain

I’d try to sign people to one year deals.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’d try to sign people to one year deals.

Chicago will be offering Brogdon 4 years $80 mil.  They are talking $20 mil a year for Reddick, $10 mil for Danny Geen so prices are up this year.

• Moderators

Chicago will be offering Brogdon 4 years $80 mil.  They are talking $20 mil a year for Reddick, $10 mil for Danny Geen so prices are up this year.

Those are all starters who are expected to get strong offers.  Brogdon is a young up and coming wing.  Redial has been earning around $20M per for the last couple seasons and Green was really good on both sides of the floor for Toronto.  

I’m not thinking we would signups backups as good as any of them this year.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Those are all starters who are expected to get strong offers.  Brogdon is a young up and coming wing.  Redial has been earning around $20M per for the last couple seasons and Green was really good on both sides of the floor for Toronto.  

I’m not thinking we would signups backups as good as any of them this year.

Like who?  Dedmon alone will cost $10-12 mil per season.  We only have $13 mil to spend. Plus we have to sign Fernando

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Like who?  Dedmon alone will cost $10-12 mil per season.  We only have $13 mil to spend. Plus we have to sign Fernando

Dedmon isn’t coming back if Supes’ source is right.  

Say $7.5M for Cory Joseph and $4.5M for Alex Len 2.0.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Dedmon isn’t coming back if Supes’ source is right.  

Say $7.5M for Cory Joseph and $4.5M for Alex Len 2.0.

Get real!!!

Just now, AHF said:

Lucky for him bricked jumpers are not counted as turnovers.

He is ok from 2...Just can't shoot 3's

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Get real!!!

He is ok from 2...Just can't shoot 3's

He can’t shoot any jumper.  He only has seen his fg% rise because he reduces his fga and took a career high % of shots at the rim.  He sucked balls once he moved even a breath away from the rim. 33% from 3-10 feet last season.  A 6 foot jumper is too much for you Evan?!?  Really?

(Joseph may exceed that price tag but you will find serviceable bigs on minimum deals).