• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

what player would you want as the Backup PointGuard

Blunt91

35 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

So we throwing Jaylen under the bus and backing it up huh lol.

An upgrade is essential though.  

I’ve always thought Collison and Beverly were elite level BUs, but only good starters.  The erroneous evaluation of small guards by themselves and GMs has blurred the lines and wrecked payrolls so much.  What the hell make Rozier think he can demand starters’ money?

I’m looking at Quinn Cook all playoffs thinking how the hell did we let him out our sights?

I like Arcidiacono (good job predictive spelling). I’m an assist to turnover fiend, my man at Nash level (4:1 career). Great size at 6’3”, 200, > -1 defensive box, more Win Shares than Trae.  At only 11% usage that potential is just waiting to be unlocked.  I expect Schlenk to take a good look.

I like Napier’s defensive effort, can’t get with the efg.

I’d rather see Devin Harris play 5 more years than Raymond Felton play 1 more minute out this mofo.

Always was a Norris Cole fan.  Had no idea he was killing it over in Europe.

How did we let Quinn Cook go? Cuz he doesn’t look nearly as good not playing next to scurry 🧁 Cray Klay and Ogre Green.

Agree he looked good though 😆 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Is this new?  Doesn’t show up like that for me but I always have some differences.

It is new for me, but then, I have only begun now posting on the new board.

I also don't show up as a "premium member," for whatever reason, not that that matters to me so much as it maybe is another symptom of the root problem (?).

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

It is new for me, but then, I have only begun now posting on the new board.

I also don't show up as a "premium member," for whatever reason, not that that matters to me so much as it maybe is another symptom of the root problem (?).

Better minds than mine are working on a number of technical issues but I’ll start a thread so we can keep track.

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm good with De'Andre Bembry or Cam Reddish backing up Trae.  Get these young guys some playing time. 

yeah you're in the minority alright. you NEED a backup PG in this league. God forbid Trae would ever be out for a game or two, do you really want those guys playing full games at PG? no. That's not smart at all

5 minutes ago, Cwell said:

yeah you're in the minority alright. you NEED a backup PG in this league. God forbid Trae would ever be out for a game or two, do you really want those guys playing full games at PG? no. That's not smart at all

Of course not, but Reddish played PG in high school, so did Kevin. It may be best for his development to put him on the ball in the second unit to build his confidence.  I don't think the Hawks will make the playoffs next season, so I don't mind developing him in that role so we can unlock all his potential.  

I'm not saying Cam is these guys, but do you really need a top notch point guard with LBJ, PG, KD?  No, because they can make plays, but they had to be developed to do that.

14 hours ago, marco102 said:

Of course not, but Reddish played PG in high school, so did Kevin. It may be best for his development to put him on the ball in the second unit to build his confidence.  I don't think the Hawks will make the playoffs next season, so I don't mind developing him in that role so we can unlock all his potential.  

I'm not saying Cam is these guys, but do you really need a top notch point guard with LBJ, PG, KD?  No, because they can make plays, but they had to be developed to do that.

I'd much rather have Cam work on finishing around the basket, and getting more efficient all around, than trying to learn to by a PG at this point in his career.  We need a VET point guard to help the team.  Vets give you leadership on and off the court. They know what to do when things are sideways. Right now the Hawks don't have that guy. 

Just now, Watchman said:

Yep.  Anyone but Turner.  Somebody has to have some serious dirt on schlenk.

The trade actually makes pragmatic sense, whether it smells like doodoo to me or not. Saves nearly $700k, favor to Baze getting playing time for a contender (was only gonna get 10mins/nt here), nets a positive vet locker room voice who can backup the 1 with 6’7 height, and frees up playing time for the young’nz Huerter/Hunter/Reddish. It’s basically a “like-kind-exchange” (to use a real estate term) for a better ball-handling/facilitating, more benchble, $700k cheaper good locker room presence. That being said, I’m off to throw up in my mouth a ‘lil 🤢

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, hazer said:

The trade actually makes pragmatic sense, whether it smells like doodoo to me or not. Saves nearly $700k, favor to Baze getting playing time for a contender (was only gonna get 10mins/nt here), nets a positive vet locker room voice who can backup the 1 with 6’7 height, and frees up playing time for the young’nz Huerter/Hunter/Reddish. It’s basically a “like-kind-exchange” (to use a real estate term) for a better ball-handling/facilitating, more benchble, $700k cheaper good locker room presence. That being said, I’m off to throw up in my mouth a ‘lil 🤢

No matter how much justification and reasoning i read, all I got thinking about ET in a hawks uni is...

tenor.gif?itemid=4482055

And...

DistinctEnragedCapeghostfrog-small.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1