• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

what player would you want as the Backup PointGuard

Blunt91

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

He can’t shoot any jumper.  He only has seen his fg% rise because he reduces his fga and took a career high % of shots at the rim.  He sucked balls once he moved even a breath away from the rim. 33% from 3-10 feet last season.  A 6 foot jumper is too much for you Evan?!?  Really?

So what?  He shot 45% over all and rarely turns the ball over.  Now that's winning basketball to me.  Prince's and Baze's problem stemmed from having too many live ball turnovers! They shot better but had just terrible live ball turnovers which contribute more to losing than anything else.  Same with Bembry.  Adams was totally useless inside the arc but didn't turn the ball over so the Hawks didn't get killed by his lack of shooting.  He will be fine if we can't find a hidden gem to back up Trae.  We're talking 10 minutes per game.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So what?  He shot 45% over all and rarely turns the ball over.  Now that's winning basketball to me.  Prince's and Baze's problem stemmed from having too many live ball turnovers! They shot better but had just terrible live ball turnovers which contribute more to losing than anything else.  Same with Bembry.  Adams was totally useless inside the arc but didn't turn the ball over so the Hawks didn't get killed by his lack of shooting.  He will be fine if we can't find a hidden gem to back up Trae.  We're talking 10 minutes per game.

You’ll learn better when you watch him more.  I said the moment he signed that Portland would badly regret that deal and they've been desperate to find someone to take him ever since.  

He had an 18.9% turnover rate last season.  That isn’t great. It was the worst of all regulars on Portland.  Worse than every regular on Atlanta’s roster too.  His raw to pg dropped because his minutes dropped, not because he was turning it over less often.

His shooting will squeeze spacing on the floor to the detriment of the entire team’s offense when he is in.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

You’ll learn better when you watch him more.  I said the moment he signed that Portland would badly regret that deal and they've been desperate to find someone to take him ever since.  

He had an 18.9% turnover rate last season.  That isn’t great. It was the worst of all regulars on Portland.  Worse than every regular on Atlanta’s roster too.  His raw to pg dropped because his minutes dropped, not because he was turning it over less often.

Why don't you at least try to have an open mind?  You are making an argument against the guy before he plays 1 game for the team while not know how he wil be used.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why don't you at least try to have an open mind?  You are making an argument against the guy before he plays 1 game for the team while not know how he wil be used.

I’m not saying the Pierce can’t use him at all but he sucks.  He will be 31 to start this season.  We know who he is and that he can distribute the ball pretty well for a wing and has a decent IQ for positioning on D and that is about the extent of it on the floor.  His shooting problems are absolutely crippling for team offense over 9 years of play.  Pretending like it isn’t is like pretending that maybe Josh Smith will start shootinf 40% from 3 next year.  Turner makes Josh loon like a 3pt marksman.

You might as well come in with your eyes open.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I’m not saying the Pierce can’t use him at all but he sucks.  He will be 31 to start this season.  We know who he is and that he can distribute the ball pretty well for a wing and has a decent IQ for positioning on D and that is about the extent of it on the floor.  His shooting problems are absolutely crippling for team offense over 9 years of play.  Pretending like it isn’t is like pretending that maybe Josh Smith will start shootinf 40% from 3 next year.  Turner makes Josh loon like a 3pt marksman.

Turner’s shot is mad 😡 flat. He has the Clyde Drexler’s rock shot to the rim. Although in a weird way, I’ve seen Turner get “shooters rolls” a lot when I watch his uncle knuckleball to the rim. No 3 pt range.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Wouldn’t Lloyd wanna get TJ McConnell since he was with him in  Philly? The guy is pretty gritty and gets after it. I wouldn’t mind him.

I know I’d prefer him.  Turner came with the benefit of removing competition for minutes with the rooks or otherwise I suspect he would take TJ.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Turner’s shot is mad 😡 flat. He has the Clyde Drexler’s rock shot to the rim. Although in a weird way, I’ve seen Turner get “shooters rolls” a lot when I watch his uncle knuckleball to the rim. No 3 pt range.

Don’t disagree but even Drex was consistently over 30% from range once he started shooting 3’s.  He shot more than 2% better than Turner career to date.  And that was a weakness for Clyde.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Don’t disagree but even Drex was consistently over 30% from range once he started shooting 3’s.  He shot more than 2% better than Turner career to date.  And that was a weakness for Clyde.

Yup. Drexler got increasingly better fast. He was just smooth in the golden era or shooting guards with Jordan, Reggie Miller, Mitch Richmond, Dale Ellis, and others. 

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wouldn’t Lloyd wanna get TJ McConnell since he was with him in  Philly? The guy is pretty gritty and gets after it. I wouldn’t mind him.

There's a reason TJ was unplayable in the playoffs, mayne.   Dude has become massively overrated just like Dellavadipshat did feasting off Lebrons scraps.

Could he help us as a backup?  Yup.  But, as soon as we paid what it'd cost to pry him away, he becomes one of the worst contracts in the league.

I'd rather find the 'next' McConnell.  He's out there.  Shiiiiiii, where's Budz illegitimate kid these days?

• Haha 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

McConnell is going to be coveted. We really don't need a backup pg more than 15-18 mins. Turner does that so I think the backup PG question is answer regardless if you like the player or not.

Yes, I think we are done at pg.  I think that was the point of the trade ... eliminate an extra wing while bringing in a pg at the same time.   The cap money should go to a center ... WCS 3 year 30 million

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Yes, I think we are done at pg.  I think that was the point of the trade ... eliminate an extra wing while bringing in a pg at the same time.   The cap money should go to a center ... WCS 3 year 30 million

Stay away from WCS - he spent all year talking about getting paid. He's all about himself - he compared himself to KAT and Porzingas offensively. Talk aboit delusions of grandeur.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

McConnell is going to be coveted. We really don't need a backup pg more than 15-18 mins. Turner does that so I think the backup PG question is answer regardless if you like the player or not.

I agree with this and it might turn out to be an innovative move by a very innovative GM. I am now in favor of this move which I think improves the team because Turner is much better than Adams

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Stay away from WCS - he spent all year talking about getting paid. He's all about himself - he compared himself to KAT and Porzingas offensively. Talk aboit delusions of grandeur.

Even AH has to agree with this.

WCS actually fell into a role in which he can contribute to winning towards the end of last year.  But, since it wasn't all about him, he's asking to leave.

Pass.  WCS-type players are dime/dozen.

• Premium Member

Travis on grabbing a big time FA....

Q.  Is it time [for a big move in Free Agency]?

“No,” Schlenk said. “Our young group has to show they’re capable of winning, and then that one player can say, ‘I can put them over the top.’”

Schlenk was with Golden State when the rebuilding Warriors made the playoffs in 2013 and upset Denver in the first round. It was only then that the Warriors made their first significant move in free agency, signing Andre Iguodala — from Denver.

“We had just beat them, and he said, ‘I want to go play with those guys,’” Schlenk said. “He ended up taking less money to come to us.”

Hawks head coach Lloyd Pierce is on board with the strategy to wait a year, given the team’s development and the mindset of free agents.

“They have to decide: This is a destination,” he said. “When players start talking to us, and the media starts talking about us, there will be a reason. We’ll know. The third year can really be good. Free agents can say, ‘Man, here’s a roster that’s going to be really good for the next five years. Imagine if I join them.’

The focus will be on Development.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

There's a reason TJ was unplayable in the playoffs, mayne.   Dude has become massively overrated just like Dellavadipshat did feasting off Lebrons scraps.

Could he help us as a backup?  Yup.  But, as soon as we paid what it'd cost to pry him away, he becomes one of the worst contracts in the league.

I'd rather find the 'next' McConnell.  He's out there.  Shiiiiiii, where's Budz illegitimate kid these days?

Bud’s weird lookin twin Corey Maggette? I mean Josh Maggeteeeee..