• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reviewing PER stats of the team

gurpilo

On 7/14/2019 at 11:07 AM, gurpilo said:

I am not a fan of PER neither but any advanced stats you check Hawks players are on a similar ranking. The conclusions I get after reviewing any of this stats.

John is top 10 on PF and Young is top 10, I guess no surprise for anyone and everyone think they will inprove.

We valued Dedmon a lot but Len was better last year, no matter the adv stat you look....and Jones is not far from Dedmon... health might be the issue. All of them are not on top 30 C, we lack a starter.

On the wings although some people seem to be happy with some of our players, reality is all of them are outside top 30, we really need a starter here. We see Huerter as our future starter at SG but he is at the bottom of the rankings, can he improve this year? I hope so, he made some highlights but his efficiency and defense are poor. Baze and Prince production can be easily replaced, Crabbe provides the same and I think is a better fit.

Parker is a great improvement over Spellman and Turner might be no so bad.

Most of us thinking who should start, Hunter or Reddish? Well perhaps the best option is both and Kevin from the bench. The real issue here, are they going to be as good as the hype we are predicting?

Overall although I like our young players and core sometimes is good to check this rankings to really see things in perspective, we might be good on 3-4 years but I think we are far from playoffs although I expect an improvement this season, 35 wins might be a good prediction. All depends on what is the performance for Hunter and Reddish.

Cam Reddish is in no way close to starting.  He has a long way to go, imo.  I think Hunter will start and they will try to bring Cam along more slowly, while still giving him regular minutes, hopefully 20 or so.  It's not like we're trying to win anything this year.  One more year in the lottery wouldn't be so bad if it means we are developing the core in the right way.

22 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I think I use all stats except PER lol.  I like on/off, box splits, efg, WS, assist: turnover, and adding rebounds, steals, and blocks.  At @NBASupes my eyes tend to agree with Kevin’s mid pack DRPM, I overrate him because he was a rookie thrust into a starting role.  I was most impressed by his poise though: a 2:1 assist to turn for a non-lottery rookie is very rare I’m guessing.  He should be a positive box defender in 20-21.  Like you I hope Deds absence doesn’t hurt as much as I expect.

I like the 82games simple ratings, anything to justify my Bembry fandom lol.  I think he and Ded’s defense glued both units together.

http://www.82games.com/1819/1819ATL.HTM

I like 82 games as well, glad to know they are updating that site again.  Thanks BHB!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, txsting said:

Cam Reddish is in no way close to starting.  He has a long way to go, imo.  I think Hunter will start and they will try to bring Cam along more slowly, while still giving him regular minutes, hopefully 20 or so.  It's not like we're trying to win anything this year.  One more year in the lottery wouldn't be so bad if it means we are developing the core in the right way.

Then she started telling me how I'll never be as big as Trey Songz 
Boy was she wrong - Drake