CNNSI: Top 100 players for 2019-2020/Trae and John make the list

JayBirdHawk

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

47. John Collins

Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

• Atlanta Hawks | PF

• Previous rank: NR

• Projected RPM wins: 4.7

Brian Windhorst on Collins and Trae Young: Young running the high pick-and-roll with Collins is the new highlight factory in Atlanta, with Collins rolling to the rim to accept lobs from Young in traffic and slamming them down. We've devoted a lot of attention to Young, but Collins' role in the Hawks' machine is just as impressive. Just two years into the development program, Collins has blossomed into a future All-Star, averaging 19 points and 10 rebounds in his second season.

Looking at the folks below Collins I don’t agree, he’s better than:

Aaron Gordon

Myles Turner

Kevin Love

And a few others.

• Like 4

Last year was the first partial season of Trae and JC together. Folks just don't have a real idea of the highlights and numbers these guys will put up for years to come, not just this year. Believe #47 for JC will be drastically different heading into next season.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Last year was the first partial season of Trae and JC together. Folks just don't have a real idea of the highlights and numbers these guys will put up for years to come, not just this year. Believe #47 for JC will be drastically different heading into next season.

Ya man I totally agree here and it’s not a metrics thing but seriously and eye 👁 test and a general human feel that these guys like each other and have chemistry 🧪 out there just by their highlights alone. Trae makes some passes to Collins without even batting an eye but rather anticipation of knowing where he will be on the court. It’s a beautiful thing.  Ur right they’ve played limited time together and already there’s a synergy I’ve never seen 2 Hawks have together at the same time...ever. Sure, Nique had it but that was truly a one man electric ⚡️ show but still it was solo. These cats 🐈 are the new gen Stock/Malone for sure...or Payton/Kemp if you prefer.

• Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 7:50 PM, Spud2nique said:

I’m predicting they say Collins at #36 and Trae at #27.

AAAAHHHHHHH I MISSED BY 1! 🤦‍♀️ 

28th for Trae huh? He’s higher to me but whatever. Luka is 16 wtf, I’m not saying no but if Luka is 16 then Trae is a 15-20 player as well but BSPN doesn’t agree.

Why is Blake Griffin that high? Ugh 😑 

@kg01 my boy CJ is #13, ur boy Beal, 19! 😊 #neverforget

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

AAAAHHHHHHH I MISSED BY 1! 🤦‍♀️ 

28th for Trae huh? He’s higher to me but whatever. Luka is 16 wtf, I’m not saying no but if Luka is 16 then Trae is a 15-20 player as well but BSPN doesn’t agree.

Why is Blake Griffin that high? Ugh 😑 

@kg01 my boy CJ is #13, ur boy Beal, 19! 😊 #neverforget

If Chuk McCollum was forced to lead a team like Beal is, he'd be an older version of Devin Booker aka a massive loser with great stats.

• Confused 1

• Moderators

Put me in for Beal > McCollum.

On topic, this isn't a bad ranking for Trae.  While I would take him over several of the guys above him, that is betting on the come given his full year performance last season.  Luka was the ROY by a significant margin in the voting so I'm not worked up about him being higher.  In a year, I expect Trae will have leapfrogged people like D'Angelo Russell, Mike Conley, Pascal Siakam, Kemba Walker, someone with an injury (Griffin, Beal, etc.).  Guys like Westbrook and Irving will also be in play given that we have yet to see how they adapt to their new teams (my guess is that Westbrook has a rough go of it while Irving puts up big numbers on a very mediocre team).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

my guess is that Westbrook has a rough go of it 

Interesting. I actually think he might buy in. If he does, look out. I had them ranking Westbrook at 9 but I think they said 12.

Edited by Spud2nique

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

If I was 8 🦶 tall I’d dunk all the time.

If I ran a 4.2  40 I’d be in the NFL.

Ifs Ifs and more Ifs.

How bout you just fess up that CJ is the better overall threat. 😏 

The only thing that would make me choose Chuk over Beal is if some rando, who's opinion I don't respeck, said he liked Beal better ...

46 minutes ago, AHF said:

Put me in for Beal > McCollum.

Blah, blah, blah ....

Uhm .... about that McCollum thing.

(hehe.  Oh c'mon AH, you laughed)

But seriously, Beal is significantly better than Chuk.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

The only thing that would make me choose Chuk over Beal is if some rando, who's opinion I don't respeck, said he liked Beal better ...

Uhm .... about that McCollum thing.

(hehe.  Oh c'mon AH, you laughed)

But seriously, Beal is significantly better than Chuk.

I laughed, really laughed.:laugh1:

I'd take Beal over CJ.

• Like 2

Ok but CJ’s got a bigger heart ❤️. Don’t get me wrong I like Beal as well but I feel like CJ’s the better facilitator and I kinda like my off guard having a ton of point guard skills, it seems easier for everyone on the court, I’d also call it a draw as far as their shooting goes, not diving into #’s but guessing both mid 80’s from line and should be around 40% from 3.

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not sure 🤔 about what the top 10 will be but he’s mine:

1. Giannis

2. Kawhi

3. Anthony Davis

4. Harden

5. Paul George

6. Embiid

7. Lebron

8. Jokic

9. Curry

10. Lillard

What say you?

Lebron had a down year by his standards last year, but I'd still take him over Davis, Harden, Embiid and PG.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok but CJ’s got a bigger heart ❤️. Don’t get me wrong I like Beal as well but I feel like CJ’s the better facilitator and I kinda like my off guard having a ton of point guard skills, it seems easier for everyone on the court, I’d also call it a draw as far as their shooting goes, not diving into #’s but guessing both mid 80’s from line and should be around 40% from 3.

Then you haven't watched enough of Beal and his play making.

BTW, over their careers Beal has higher assists averages than CJ.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Beal has higher assists averages than CJ.

Wow 😮 really? Surprising I wouldn’t have guessed. Perhaps I didn’t watch enough Wizards 🧙‍♂️ games last year...I certainly watched a ton of Mavs games and it was worth it for Cam. 😊 This year I’m not watching any team but us. 

29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lebron had a down year by his standards last year, but I'd still take him over Davis, Harden, Embiid and PG.

Wow ok. I mean the dude doesn’t look like ur average 34 year old but I do feel he’s got some left in the tank. He did basically take the year off last year as he knew they had no shot. He might bring it. Couple weeks to go!