• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Design of a Decade: All-2010s Hawks Team?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

This came up while I was snoozing through last night's derp-bacle in H-Town, but People on the Internets have spent the past couple months arguing over an All-Decade NBA team. Before the Thxgvg leftovers put me right out, I threw together a subjective Hawks-specific squad of 15, based on anyone on the Hawks team between the back end of 2009-10 and this month of the 2019-20 season.

I'd assume Coach Bud would be the HC universally. Ferry gets the GM spot since his decisions and actions, for better or worse, set so much in motion through most of the 2010s.

Starters:

PG - Trae Young; SG - Kyle Korver; SF - Joe Johnson; PF - Paul Millsap; C - Al Horford

Reserves:

PG - Jeff Teague, Dennis Schröder; SG - Kevin Huerter, Kent Bazemore; SF - DeMarre Carroll, Thabo Sefolosha; PF - John Collins, Josh Smith; C - Zaza Pachulia, Mike Muscala

some guys I couldn't quite make room for:

PG - Shelvin Mack, Devin Harris; SG - Lou Williams, John Jenkins; SF - Mike Scott, Marvin Williams;  PF - Ivan Johnson, Kris Humphries; C - Pero Antic, Elton Brand

How would y'all put your teams together?

~lw3

7 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

This came up while I was snoozing through last night's derp-bacle in H-Town, but People on the Internets have spent the past couple months arguing over an All-Decade NBA team. Before the Thxgvg leftovers put me right out, I threw together a subjective Hawks-specific squad of 15, based on anyone on the Hawks team between the back end of 2009-10 and this month of the 2019-20 season.

I'd assume Coach Bud would be the HC universally. Ferry gets the GM spot since his decisions and actions, for better or worse, set so much in motion through most of the 2010s.

Starters:

PG - Trae Young; SG - Kyle Korver; SF - Joe Johnson; PF - Paul Millsap; C - Al Horford

Reserves:

PG - Jeff Teague, Dennis Schröder; SG - Kevin Huerter, Kent Bazemore; SF - DeMarre Carroll, Thabo Sefolosha; PF - John Collins, Josh Smith; C - Zaza Pachulia, Mike Muscala

some guys I couldn't quite make room for:

PG - Shelvin Mack, Devin Harris; SG - Lou Williams, John Jenkins; SF - Mike Scott, Marvin Williams;  PF - Ivan Johnson, Kris Humphries; C - Pero Antic, Elton Brand

How would y'all put your teams together?

~lw3

As much as I despised this dude's game before he came to Atlanta, Jamal Crawford has to be somewhere on this list.  You may even have to put him as the starter, and take off Korver.  Korver was a 3 point god, but a dud in the playoffs.

PG - Teague

G - Crawford

G/F - JJ

PF - Millsap

C - Horford

• Like 1

And until Huerter does something significant individually, Tim Hardaway Jr gets the nod over him.  We could've used some of this vs the Rockets last night.

And seeing that Dwight Howard put up a double double in his one season here . . . he makes the list as a reserve center.  Definitely take off Pero and Moose in place of him.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1