• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good grief...1975 draft

HawkItus

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I remember those days. 1974 is when my family moved to the Atlanta area and I became a avid Hawks fan. I was a follower from 69 to 74 living in South Georgia. But 74 is when I started reading about the Hawks in the AJC every day, watching the sports news on local stations, and watching them when I could on local TV (TBS I think ).

My dad was typical football is king and liked the Braves also. He was only 5'8"; he was never a big basketball fan and did not play it in school. So when I turned 18 in 1976, I went to my first Hawks game.

Dan Roundfiled and Tree Rollins were my first favorite Hawks.

Do you have memories of Rickey Brown? He was my oldest brothers favorite Hawk, and we named our dog Rickey Brown after him (yes we said the full name every time). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, warcore said:

Do you have memories of Rickey Brown? He was my oldest brothers favorite Hawk, and we named our dog Rickey Brown after him (yes we said the full name every time). 

do remember him playing and it was a big deal to have two Georgia boys ( Dominique ). That is when the hype went through the roof.

Off topic but still on. I was only 5'11" to 6'0" tall. I fancied myself as a shooter but liked scrapping in the paint. That is probably why bigs were almost always my favorite Hawks players.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, warcore said:

I am at work now but re-reading through this got me thinking. It must have been something for him to get to play with Dominique. I could only imagine.

• Like 1