• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Happy Anniversary, Joevertime!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If i remember right Larry Drew was going with the old "you don't sub in OT" strategy and ran the same 5 guys through 4 OTs?   I could be wrong.

I had to check, but it looks like Jazz coach Ty Corbin went to The Drew School. LD subbed out Kirk with Willie Green (injury? or just strategy?) shortly after the 1st OT went 2-2 (!), then a fouled-out Smoove with Marv which eventually tipped the scales in our favor.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/plus-minus/201203250ATL.html

~lw3

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If i remember right Larry Drew was going with the old "you don't sub in OT" strategy and ran the same 5 guys through 4 OTs?   I could be wrong.

So he Nic Nurse'd it?

As a weird aside, we were watching some stupid early 2000's RomCom which was based in Atlanta.  The guy was like director for the Hawks broadcast or something.  There were clips of a game from the JoeJohn Hawks team which, in the movie, was playing for the 8-seed.  In the movie, Jsmoove won the game with a dunk at the buzzer.

Why were we watching this?  Everything from the early 2000's sucked a**.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So he Nic Nurse'd it?

As a weird aside, we were watching some stupid early 2000's RomCom which was based in Atlanta.  The guy was like director for the Hawks broadcast or something.  There were clips of a game from the JoeJohn Hawks team which, in the movie, was playing for the 8-seed.  In the movie, Jsmoove won the game with a dunk at the buzzer.

Why were we watching this?  Everything from the early 2000's sucked a**.

What movie was that?

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What movie was that?

Walmart bottom-of-the-bin DVD classic "Life As We Know It" (2010). We were on a run of sappy dramas that pretended Atlanta was Some Other Town, USA, but at least that one showcased Atlanta as Atlanta, at least the cuter parts of it. Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel (who played a tech director for the Hawks) starred in the snoozer. Rotten Tomatoes was not a fan.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/hollywood-shows-love-for-atlantain-life-as-we-know-it-city-gets-to-play-itself-not-different-location-11746286-102010

~lw3

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Walmart bottom-of-the-bin DVD classic "Life As We Know It" (2010). We were on a run of sappy dramas that pretended Atlanta was Some Other Town, USA, but at least that one showcased Atlanta as Atlanta, at least the cuter parts of it. Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel (who played a tech director for the Hawks) starred in the snoozer. Rotten Tomatoes was not a fan.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/hollywood-shows-love-for-atlantain-life-as-we-know-it-city-gets-to-play-itself-not-different-location-11746286-102010

~lw3

Ah geez.  Now i realize i've seen it.  Yeah, not good.   Of course when they first started making movies a lot here they were all terrible.  They've gotten better.  

Keeping up with the Jones' is a pretty funny Atlanta set one if you like Zach G.  And if you don't then....we're not friends anymore. 

• Haha 1