• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason G2: Magic vs Hawks, 12/12/2020 @ 5PM

JayBirdHawk

Just now, NBASupes said:

I agree. When Trae was aggressive against Orlando, we were blowing them out. This system only works when Trae is being Trae. Maybe it's different if it's Cam other than Hunter, that's something we don't know yet. 

We finally agree on something lol

Bout time!

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

These additions only work if Trae is aggressive as a scorer. He must keep the killer instinct so that things open up for everyone else.

He can still set the stage for his teammates, but he needs to force the opponent to adjust to him first and foremost. If he starts self checking himself by getting rid of the ball early just so the other 4 guys can play hot potato with the ball, then we aren't scaring anybody on the court.

Make them respect option #1 and then go from there.

I agree with this. Even with the new additions, teams would much rather take their chances with the other 4 players on the court playing hot potato as you say than with Trae doing his thing. This is still his team and they need it to run through him, not around him.  He needs to stay aggressive and involved.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

Clifford was defending last year's Hawks and throwing double, triple teams at Trae.  That's most likely not going to work well this year.   Trae did have more trouble with double teams than i've ever seen him have before so not sure why that would be.   Could just be that he's not familiar enough with the teammates to find them or they aren't getting to the right spots.   But I welcome them double teaming Trae all the time.  It's going to be easy buckets for the Hawks. 

• Like 3