• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chris Paul in Covid Safety Protocol

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I blame Uncle Cliff!

Hope it's nothing serious for him or a loved one, though.

~lw3

Oh i hadn't thought of that.  Gotta be Uncle Cliff.  I don't trust that guy and the way he says 'faam-leee'

• Haha 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If you're positive that means you are out at least 10 days right? I cant quite keep the protocols strait. 

Ne meither!

Back in March the NBPA got the league to agree to some relaxation of protocols for players (reportedly, like CP3) that did get fully vaxxed, as sort of a carrot for doing so. Being the union prez, I figure Chris is as familiar with the nuances as anybody.

Those relaxed protocols got a big ole "But." Oh, yeah...

https://arizonasports.com/story/2691223/suns-chris-paul-tests-positive-covid-19-health-safety-protocols/

But the league also cautioned at that time that “if an individual has symptoms consistent with COVID-19, the previous protocols apply” — which would still mean that anyone with those symptoms “may be subject to quarantine” regardless of their vaccination status.

So I'm guessing the hope here is that CP3's asymptomatic, and that he can get a pair of clear negative tests, separated over a stretch of 24 hours. If so, isolation may be more of a matter of days, rather than weeks, before he hits the court again.

~lw3