• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dieselputer pointing out what you missed or what you're scared to say.

Diesel

• Premium Member

1.  Embiid choked under the pressure;   Trae thrived under the pressure. 

• Trae is becoming a media darling.   His star will rise high because the NBA and the media needs somebody to make these playoffs interesting. 
  • Trae's star is higher than Randle, Embiid, and maybe both stars for the Clippers. 

2.  IF Bogi doesn't get 5 fouls, we lose this game. 

3.  Hack-a-ben works... don't be surprised to see Hack-a-Clint. 

• OO is an unsung hero from last night.  If H-A-C goes into effect, I trust OO with the minutes. 

4.  The big lineup works.  Before game 3, Dieselputer predicted that it would. 

5.  JC is not a max player but he's definitely a valuable player for us.

6.  Without Shaky Milton and his forearm shiver in game 2, this series could be over already. 

7.  Nate is a robot.   No Highs.. No Lows.  Just that same look like I wonder what's for dinner tonight?

8.  We have nobody to stop Seth Curry. 

• I would try Snell. 

9.  Red Velvet is our enforcer on the floor. 

10.  Clint got to hit the bunnies. 

11.  The order of best defensive ratings this year goes as folllows:

1.  Lakers

2.  76ers

3.  Knicks

4.  Jazz

5.  Warriors

6.  Clippers

7.  Heat

8.  Suns

9.  Bucks

10.  Bulls

21.  Hawks 

They say Defense wins Championships.   After this round, it's possible that only 1 of these teams will be left to vie for the championship.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I mean, we were intentionally fouling them lol. Not disagreeing the officiating was bad, but they have actually swallowed their whistles on the Embiid flops in the 4th... for the MOST part. So I'll give them a little credit.

Yep. The most egregious thing to me officiating wise is the refs buying the Embiid flops early in the game when they clearly don't late.  If you know he's flopping call a tech on him rather than a foul on the Hawks.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

One more thing.

Embiid is out of shape.  It's written all over his shot selection.  By the 4th qtr, Embiid is hanging out on the defensive end of the floor, he's bent over holding his shorts, his settling for jump shots instead of posting.

If you look at both games 4 and 5, you shouldn't see Rocky... What you should see is Muhammad Ali and the rope a dope.   We let Embiid just whale on us in the first half.   We keep the pace up.. then when we beat up on the 2nd team in the 2nd half, they have to put in a tired Embiid.   Embiid is not going to get any meaningful rest before tomorrow.  He might come out high.. but I say we keep wearing him down.

ALSO...

Simmons is out of gas in the second half too.  Chasing Trae wears him down as well.   We can explode on their defense because the two anchors of their defense is out of gas in the fourth. 

There are some easy fixes that doc could make, but I don't see him making them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3