PER -          7.75

OTRG           94

DRTG           110

BPM             -.8

VORP            .1

This is for the entire playoffs not a couple of bad games

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, LucastheThird said:

Does him being clearly hurt and trying to play through it factor in to the equation at all? If it does, then sure we can have the conversation, because he clearly needs to sit when the knee is affecting him. But any discussion about him being traded this offseason looks foolish. He's been a major part of our turnaround the second half of the season and was playing well in the playoffs until his knee got hurt.

Nope because Hunter was obviously playing hurt and contributed.  Plus he played 35 minutes in that last game and shot the ball more than anyone else on the team except Trae.  That does not sound like a guy who thinks that he is limited.  In fact his own coach said that the reason he is playing is that he feels that Bogdanovic will make shots.  He didn't say that he was out there to sak up minutes like you guys are suggesting.  He expects production from him!  Something Bogdanonic is not providing at all in these playoffs

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Bogdanovic's playoff stat watch

PPG      12.3 on 13. 1 shots per game

RPG      4.7

APG      2.7

Turnovers/gm  1.5

This is where it get real ugly

FG%           37%

3pFG%      29.7%

FT%            63.6%  on .7 attempts per game

SH-Eff         .45

PER -          7.75

OTRG           94

DRTG           110

BPM             -.8

VORP            .1

This is for the entire playoffs not a couple of bad games

What exactly is your point? We should trade Bogi because he hasn't hit the same percentage of his shots in his first playoff run? We all know his hasn't hit his normal percentage in the playoffs, but he has knocked down some timely shots during this run as well.

• Like 1

We needed Bogi to step up big in this series and he hasn't.  Maybe it's the injury.  Maybe he is a stop gap to see if Cam Reddish develops.  We are shooting 33% in the playoffs and were 37% in the regular probably due to tougher defense.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

What exactly is your point? We should trade Bogi because he hasn't hit the same percentage of his shots in his first playoff run? We all know his hasn't hit his normal percentage in the playoffs, but he has knocked down some timely shots during this run as well.

He and Huerter are the same player except Huerter is younger, taller and more athletic.  Once Hunter and Reddish are fully reintegrated into the team next season, I'm not sure what Bogdanovic's role will be.  I'm not sure it is wise to pay a back up $19 mil per season especially when you have all of these other contracts to deal with

• Premium Member
Just now, agentorange90 said:

We are shooting 33% in the playoffs and were 37% in the regular probably due to tougher defense.

That's what happens in the playoffs!!  People get exposed like James Harden each and every year.

Bogi was pressing last night but once again as @NBASupes said, that's more on Nate.  Whether it's Bogi or Solo or someone else they need to sit if they aren't providing meaningful minutes.

This is a very targeted conversation based on some games he has played in the playoffs when not 100% but Bogi's body of work over this season has been pretty good.  Enough so, that regardless of what happens in the playoffs I don't see why we wouldn't continue to see how he pans out instead of continuing to recycle this same conversation again and again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Nope because Hunter was obviously playing hurt and contributed.  Plus he played 35 minutes in that last game and shot the ball more than anyone else on the team except Trae.  That does not sound like a guy who thinks that he is limited.  In fact his own coach said that the reason he is playing is that he feels that Bogdanovic will make shots.  He didn't say that he was out there to sak up minutes like you guys are suggesting.  He expects production from him!  Something Bogdanonic is not providing at all in these playoffs

We're not sure if Hunter played the Knicks series on that torn miniscus or not. He could have torn it during the last game he played for all we know, so that argument doesn't work for you. We know for a fact that Bogi's knee is bothering him and he's trying to play through it. Everyone down to the national commentators know it. Nobody on this forum will argue with you that Bogi has been his normal self during the playoffs, he has been missing shots and shooting some very untimely shots as well, but I'm not sure where all this is coming from.

• Premium Member
On 6/28/2021 at 12:13 PM, LucastheThird said:

We're not sure if Hunter played the Knicks series on that torn miniscus or not. He could have torn it during the last game he played for all we know, so that argument doesn't work for you. We know for a fact that Bogi's knee is bothering him and he's trying to play through it. Everyone down to the national commentators know it. Nobody on this forum will argue with you that Bogi has been his normal self during the playoffs, he has been missing shots and shooting some very untimely shots as well, but I'm not sure where all this is coming from.

Disagree, They were managing the swelling in Hunter's knee the entire series which is why he was questionable for every game. But If that isn't good enough, What about Embiid playing on his diagnosed torn meniscus and playing better than he did in the regular season and Trae playing on his sore shooting shoulder and playing better than he did in the regular season.  Tired of hearing the same excuses for this guy that we heard at the start of the regular season when he was playing just as bad.  The guy had 1 good month which was shorter than the amount of time we got great play out of reddish. 

• Moderators

I'm late to this convo but to me it comes down to do you put guys out there who have shown they can play at a high level even if they are underperforming or do you play guys who haven't shown that and hope they play above their heads.   I'm definitely one who would like to see Cam and Snell get some run but Nate obviously subscribes to the former philosophy which is reasonable. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I'm late to this convo but to me it comes down to do you put guys out there who have shown they can play at a high level even if they are underperforming or do you play guys who haven't shown that and hope they play above their heads.   I'm definitely one who would like to see Cam and Snell get some run but Nate obviously subscribes to the former philosophy which is reasonable. 

Cam is a far superior on ball defender compared to Bogi and it ain't even close

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

1st of all Hunter had a bum knee against New York and was very valuable in the series so stop with the excuses people!

By this logic, I am looking forward to seeing Hunter again tomorrow.  After all, Hunter had a bum knee against New York and was very valuable and he has a bum knee now so no reason he can't be valuable against the Bucks, right?  All injuries with a similar label are the same and have the same impact on players so it must be true!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Disagree, They were managing the swelling in Hunter's knee the entire series which is why he was questionable for every game. But If that isn't go enough, What about Embiid playing on his diagnosed torn meniscus and playing better than he did in the regular season and Trae playing on his sore shooting shoulder and playing better than he did in the regular season.  Tired of hearing the same excuses for this guy that we heard at the start of the regular season when he was playing just as bad.  The guy had 1 good month which was shorter than the amount of time we got great play out of reddish. 

So now Bogi gets compared to the MVP runner up? Embiid had a favorable matchup with Capela and we all know that.

But I don't want to get stuck in an online argument, you are saying Bogi has been bad all year except for one month. So you are suggesting we try to trade him this offseason?

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

By this logic, I am looking forward to seeing Hunter again tomorrow.  After all, Hunter had a bum knee against New York and was very valuable and he as a bum knee now so no reason he can't be valuable against the Bucks, right?  All injuries with a similar label are the same have the same impact on players so it must be true!

I don't know what you said but all I know is that the training staff and the coach where more concerned about Hunter's Knee since he was on minutes restrictions vs Bogi who isn't on minutes restrictions

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

So now Bogi gets compared to the MVP runner up? Embiid had a favorable matchup with Capela and we all know that.

But I don't want to get stuck in an online argument, you are saying Bogi has been bad all year except for one month. So you are suggesting we try to trade him this offseason?

Not comparing their actual numbers but their respective production compared to what they normally do

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't know what you said but all I know is that the training staff and the coach where more concerned about Hunter's Knee since he was on minutes restrictions vs Bogi who isn't on minutes restrictions

If you don't know what I said, then you should reread your own post and try to figure out how Hunter shooting 40% from the floor against New York means that Bogi must not be hindered in this series.  If one guy with a hamstring injury is able to play a handful of games and have a positive impact before requiring surgery and being shut down for the season, it does not mean that other players with a hamstring injury are not going to be negatively impacted by their injury even if their season is not at risk.  Injuriies (real ones rather than ones played up for the media) usually negatively impact performance especially when you are talking about someone who isn't a superstar.  

The staff was appropriately more concerned about letting Hunter play since he was at risk of needing surgery and being shut down for the year.  Bogi doesn't seem to be at risk of being shutdown for the season.  He is just struggling with the injury.  

Ignoring someone's injury is disingenuous.  That would be like crapping on Trae for his worse play yesterday after his ankle injury.  

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Ignoring someone's injury is disingenuous.  That would be like crapping on Trae for his worse play yesterday after his ankle injury.  

My point is that other players are playing injured and producing!!! Plus Bogi has not been on the injury list the entire playoffs.  Y'all want to focus on the last 3-4 games for some reason.  I posted his entire playoff stats which encompasses 15 games

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

As far as trading him...Who are you going to chose to keep.  You keeping Bogi over Huerter, Reddish, or Hunter or do you think we keep them all.

Well I'm greedy and want to keep them all. But I recognize that Schlenk has a salary cap that I don't have to think about when I say keep them all. If we're talking this offseason, it comes down to Bogi or Huerter and I think they will be around the same cost. They both have been up and down during the regular season and playoffs for different reasons. IF you make me choose, I choose the luxury tax and try to keep our core together.

32 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Hunter was questionable for game 5 with right knee soreness, so no he was already hurt. A sore knee is no excuse to be completely worthless the last 2 rounds. Playing less than your norm? yes. But literally suiting up for the other team? no. Bogi has been inconsistent the entire playoffs, and that's closer to his career norm than his 2 months of playing well during the regular season.

During the end of the regular season I would be surprised when he missed. I knew I would be stupid to think he would play like that consistently from here on out.

• Thanks 1