• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Knight, Stotts Speak about Trade

jaywalker72

Billy Knight speaks about the late night deal that sent Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Theo Ratliff, and Dan Dickau to Portland for Rasheed Wallace and Wesley Person.

In his statement released by the team, Knight talks about the difficulty in dealing a player like Shareef that "has everything you want in a player" and calls the team "financially strapped".

Also in the statement, Terry Stotts talks about the deal from the coaches point of view.

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=412

Damn Jay this really sucks man. I love having the caproom but I am very worried about what we will be able to do with it. If we can add Kobe then this franchise will be fine, but without him I think we are in serious trouble trying to get people here.

Is there any chance that all of the details of this trade havent been completely released, like we might have gotten some draft picks or throw ins like Woods or Outlaw?

I doubt there will be a sign and trade out there for Wallace, because it means we would be taking on salary to replace the money for Wallace.

He is eligible to be traded anytime. JT loses his BYC one year after his deal was signed, which would be towards the very end of the summer.

Part of my take (I will have more after tomorrow's presser) is here:

http://hawks.realgm.com/showarticle.php?artid=411

• Premium Member

Quote:

Billy Knight on trading Reef:

“It’s a tough situation, he’s the player making the most money and he’s the player everybody wants. He’s our best player and I have to do what’s best for the organization, and that supercedes what’s best for me.”

I'm sorry, I don't speak Puppetish...can someone translate this for me?

Quote:

If we can add Kobe then this franchise will be fine, but without him I think we are in serious trouble trying to get people here.

That's my main concern - that the Hawks may have a whole lot of money and no one to give it too.

Dikembe Mutombo was the last "big" free agent to sign with the Hawks and he basically told his agent just to find the best deal.

Most free agents have a much different take than Deke, they want to play for a team that yes, has money, but also has a good reputation and a legitimate chance at winning.

The Hawks may only fit half the bill after this one....

http://www.hawkszone.net

Quote:

In other words...The Hawks franchise is cheap. It wouldn't

even sign a player to a 10 day contract and only dressed

9 players....That alone shows how cheap the franchise is.

Well, the Hawks have 2 players on injured reserve, and the NBA declined their request for an additional spot. With 12 players on the active roster, how in the heck were they supposed to sign a player to a 10 day contract?

TROUBLEMAN