Situational Line ups: Defense

sillent

The situational line ups are ridiculous with this versatile lineup we'll have coming into this 2021- 2022 season. I thought it would be interesting to look at a few on paper and I'll start with defense.

Defensive Squad

PG Delon Wright, Skylar Mays, Trae 

SG Cam, Kevin, Lou

SF Dre, Solo, Bogi

PF Jalen Johnson, JC, Gallo

C OO, Capela, Dieng

When healthy a Wright, Cam, Dre, JJ, OO lineup is scary on defense and not bad on offense either.

Our defensive second unit of Mays, Kevin, Solo, JC and Clint is a solid team as well.

They say offense can be the best defense and our 3rd unit would be full of it with Trae, Lou, Bogi, Gallo and Dieng (who could honestly move up a unit in the defensive department but would definitely help here).

Maybe Skylar Mays can be replaced by Sharife Cooper but all of these lineups would be dangerous.

I'd put up any big 3 offense against a defense of Wright, Reddish, Hunter, (nba ready) Jalen Johnson and a healthy Okongwu. Whether we were switching or man on man I'm confident that they all can do more than hold their own. Together they all have ridiculous wingspans and length and can cover alot of ground on the court inside and out.

If Johnson isn't ready Clint or Dieng can fill in as defensive starters and I believe JC will get even more consistent in that department as well.

Edited by sillent