• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The redrafting.....

Diesel

Redrafting the Hawks.   

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I thought it may be interesting to see how we would redraft the Hawks given the choices that the league has to offer. 

No obvious guys like Lebron and AD but guys who figure in competitively with our guys... 

4 hours ago, Diesel said:

I thought it may be interesting to see how we would redraft the Hawks given the choices that the league has to offer. 

No obvious guys like Lebron and AD but guys who figure in competitively with our guys... 

Are you talking about building/rebuilding our/ a team. 

PG Ja Morant/Delon Wright/Sharife Cooper

SG Paul George/Cam Reddish/Will Barton

SF DeAndre Hunter/ Jaden McDaniels/Jalen Johnson 

PF Bol Bol/ Bobby Portis/Kai Jones

C Clint Capela/Onyeka Okongwu/Mo Bamba

1 hour ago, sillent said:

Are you talking about building/rebuilding our/ a team. 

PG Ja Morant/Delon Wright/Sharife Cooper

SG Paul George/Cam Reddish/Will Barton

SF DeAndre Hunter/ Jaden McDaniels/Jalen Johnson 

PF Bol Bol/ Bobby Portis/Kai Jones

C Clint Capela/Onyeka Okongwu/Mo Bamba

Myles Turner would actually make my list over Bobby Portis but I'd have Sharife on a two so I could keep them both.

A future line up of 

Jalen Johnson, Cam Reddish, Bol Bol, Onyeka Okongwu and Myles Turner/Mo Bamba

Would be frustrating for any offense. More importantly we can still score from anywhere on the court. I can't wait till Onyeka shows his jump shot/3ball.

Edited by sillent

5 hours ago, AHF said:

Help me feel my way through this.

Pick your Shooting Guard based on the 2021-22 Season:

Klay Thompson 0 games played, 0 minutes played, 0 points scored, 0 assists, 0 steals

3 people

I_Choose_You_Pokemon_Gif.gif?t=149157775

The 21-22season  is next season so everyone has 0 games played.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, AHF said:

Help me feel my way through this.

Pick your Shooting Guard based on the 2021-22 Season:

Klay Thompson 0 games played, 0 minutes played, 0 points scored, 0 assists, 0 steals

3 people

I_Choose_You_Pokemon_Gif.gif?t=149157775

The Basis of course is how you feel a player will play this upcoming season.   For that you have to consider age, health, team,  role, and how you see them fitting in with our team.   For that reason, Some may stray away from Klay because he hasn't played in the last two seasons.  Or some may be willing to gamble on him vs. Everybody else in the field because when he left, he was a top shooter/top defender.   Or some may feel that with Lowry, Butler is going to have a better season than he's ever had.  Or that Derozan has put himself in  a position to be better than he was in San Antonio...   It's just prediction and guesswork.

• Moderators

My bad!  I read the thread as a "redraft" where you were trying to contruct the best roster for last season based on how everyone did.

I'll go ahead and guarantee that DeRozan continues to put up garbage net metrics with his defense crushing Chicago while he is on the floor given that he has done that for both SA and TOR for the past 8 or so years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Based on the redrafting, we would have:

Trae, Gilgeous-Alexander, Hunter, JC, CC   with  Huerter, Gallo, And  Cam...

Interesting. 

So my question is what does Gilgeous-Alexander give us that Bogdan doesn't??

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

The better question is who in their right mind is taking Capela over Bam?! Just unreal. I love what Capela brought to us last year but Adebayo is a freaking top 15-20 star player that is still improving. Good grief people :ahf:

Bam is a nice player.. So is Ayton.   We are Homers. 

• Like 1

Also we have JC. For all the Bam credit I'm taking JC over Bam. I would pick Ayton over the other centers but role is of key importance.

If Ayton could play the same role as Clint and lead the league in rebounds and be an anchor on defense and constant floor runner than yeah Ayton over Clint.

Unreal. Bam is the 3rd or 4th best Center in the game behind Jokic, Embiid, and depending on how highly one values Gobert's drop coverage that can be taken advantage of during the playoffs while not offering much offensively. 

Since it's  fresh in my mind, from Partnow's Athletic article last week: 

https://theathletic.com/2762726/2021/08/12/nba-player-tiers-joel-embiid-luka-doncic-damian-lillard-among-tier-2-superstars-just-short-of-the-very-top/

Tier 2: Players 8-19

Bam Adebayo continues to develop his offensive game at a rapid pace. After breaking through a year ago as a ballhandling hub around which much of Miami’s offense rotated, he took another step forward this season, setting career highs across the board in usage, efficiency, playmaking, foul-drawing and addressing a bugaboo from the previous postseason, free-throw shooting, where he just missed hitting 80 percent.

He continues to expand his shooting range, hitting 45 percent — his first time above 40 — of his midrange attempts. Certainly, expanding his range out to the 3-point line would be a nice addition to his game. But the willingness and capacity to take and make jumpers when opposing bigs sag off him in pick-and-roll or dribble handoff actions is a useful playoff skill unto itself.

At this point, the main thing missing from his offensive game is creating shots for himself. Especially in the last two postseasons, over which his self-created efficiency has been just under 39 percent, he has not been a reliable bucket-getter.

But that has never been Adebayo’s primary value. First, there is playmaking. Only Nikola Jokic (18.0 playmaking usage in 2020-21 compared to Adebayo’s 13.5) and perhaps Domantas Sabonis (13.9) have been better playmaking centers over the last few years. But most important is the defense.

Anthony Davis, Giannis Antetokounmpo and possibly Draymond Green are the only bigs around who are as well-suited to the wide range of demands placed on interior players in the postseason. Seamlessly alternating between defending the paint and switching out on guards on the perimeter is what makes Adebayo such a vital cog in Miami’s attempts to contend over the next few seasons.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but to me it just seems like a lot of people haven't watched Bam play, and don't realize just how good the guy is. Taking CC over Bam is kinda like someone picking Randle over Giannis: yeah, Randle is damn good and had a great year, but he can't hold a candle to Giannis because Giannis is just soo much better than the other guy.

That's what we re dealing with here. CC and Bam, both really good players, but one is already a top 20 player and still young enough to reach the top 10, while the other is a fringe top 50 to 60 player. It's a world of difference. 

Edited by RandomFan

• Moderators
21 hours ago, RandomFan said:

The better question is who in their right mind is taking Capela over Bam?! Just unreal. I love what Capela brought to us last year but Adebayo is a freaking top 15-20 star player that is still improving. Good grief people :ahf:

I thought we were rating last season when Cap led the league in rebounding at 14.3 along with 2.7 blocks & steals.  Bam played more minutes but only averaged 9.0 rebounds and 2.2 b/s.   That margin grows bigger on a per minute basis.

Bam's mobility and passing were great for Miami but I don't think the passing would be as impactful for a Trae Young led team.  I would take Bam for next season but thought Cap earned the vote this year.