• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I keep looking for it and I don't get it....

Diesel

• Premium Member

The Disrespect of Trae & The Hawks. 

I watch the media on the day (media day) after we have taken most of their pick to win the East and dismantled them.  The beating that we just gave KD, Kyrie, and the Nets... and now the media is saying... It must be something that the Nets are doing wrong.   The Nets are a flawed team.  The Nets don't play good defense.  Wasn't this the same Nets team that many of the media said (after the Harden Trade) would challenge for the East?

But This is not the first time. 

Remember the Knicks last year.   When we beat the Knicks.. the comment was Randle was a fluke. 

Remember the 76ers last year.   When we beat the 76ers... the comment was Ben Simmons was a broken player.  Doc Rivers is a bad coach. 

Remember when we took game 1 in Milwaukee.  The comment was Milwaukee was one toenail away from being eliminated by Brooklyn. 

I keep looking for them to give us our respect.  To give Trae his respect. 

He was disrespected as an Allstar.  They acted like the guy leading the league in Points and Assists was only an allstar because Kids were voting. 

He is being disrespected as an All NBA team pick.  They took 45 voters and polled them and only 8 said that Trae would make an All NBA Team.

I'm so tired of seeing Trae disrespected in the Media.  In Social Media. Etc.  The only media persons who respect Trae are Perk and Shaq?

This year.  We snatch the respect.

Trae and the Hawks are saying:

Roman Reigns Acknowledge Me GIF - Roman Reigns Acknowledge Me Universal  Champion - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You try too hard, we never get respect. This ain't new. 

This is a time when we are not pretenders.   We are and we have the real deal.  Trae is a real star.  Probably realer than Nique.   IN the other thread, Sturt put up a bright line that shows that our COVID games effected our bottom line.   AHF followed by showing the disparity between us and other teams affected by the COVID.  In short, other teams that went through less than we went through had the chance to reschedule.  We didn't.   That's more disrespect. 

As you know... I like to meet disrespect with Forceful Retribution.   In other words, these teams in the East and the League must pay for their disrespect.  I'm talking about a Healthy Hawks team beating Phoenix or Dallas in the Finals 4-1. I don't care if only Hawks fans are the people watching the finals...  We will be respected!!

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

win a chip, get da respec on yo name.  falcons and hawks need to win one each for this overall narrative to change goes for most cities that have never won anything

Is that right?

Most of the World had Brooklyn coming out of the East and winning the finals before the season started. 

Every team's 2021-22 NBA title odds, according to FOX Bet*  (OCT 19, 2021)

Brooklyn Nets: +230 (bet $10 to win $33 total)
Los Angeles Lakers: +400 (bet $10 to win $50 total)
Milwaukee Bucks: +800 (bet $10 to win $90 total)
Golden State Warriors: +1000 (bet $10 to win $110 total)
Phoenix Suns: +1400 (bet $10 to win $150 total)
Utah Jazz: +1400 (bet $10 to win $150 total)
Philadelphia 76ers: +1600 (bet $10 to win $170 total)
Los Angeles Clippers: +1600 (bet $10 to win $170 total)
Denver Nuggets: +2000 (bet $10 to win $210 total)
Miami Heat: +2500 (bet $10 to win $260 total)
Dallas Mavericks: +3000 (bet $10 to win $310 total)
Atlanta Hawks: +3500 (bet $10 to win $360 total)
Boston Celtics: +4000 (bet $10 to win $410 total)
Portland Trail Blazers: +5000 (bet $10 to win $510 total)
New York Knicks: +6600 (bet $10 to win $670 total)
Chicago Bulls: +8000 (bet $10 to win $810 total)
Memphis Grizzlies: +8000 (bet $10 to win $810 total)
New Orleans Pelicans: +8500 (bet $10 to win $860 total)
Indiana Pacers: +10000 (bet $10 to win $1,010 total)
Toronto Raptors: +10000 (bet $10 to win $1,010 total)
Charlotte Hornets: +12000 (bet $10 to win $1,210 total)
Washington Wizards: +12500 (bet $10 to win $1,260 total)
Sacramento Kings: +20000 (bet $10 to win $2,010 total)
Minnesota Timberwolves: +22500 (bet $10 to win $2,260 total)
San Antonio Spurs: +25000 (bet $10 to win $2,510 total)
Cleveland Cavaliers: +50000 (bet $10 to win $5,010 total)
Orlando Magic: +50000 (bet $10 to win $5,010 total)
Oklahoma City Thunder: +50000 (bet $10 to win $5,010 total)
Houston Rockets: +50000 (bet $10 to win $5,010 total)
Detroit Pistons: +50000 (bet $10 to win $5,010 total)

Back in October, Brooklyn was the odds on favorite to win it all....

But Note...

Brooklyn has never won a title.  Before them New Jersey has never won a title.   How is it that we have to win a chip to get respect and Brooklyn has never won nothing and they were believed to be the favorite?  Hell, we went farther than them in last years playoffs.  Yet they were more than 10 times more likely to win it all than us. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The Disrespect of Trae & The Hawks. 

I watch the media on the day (media day) after we have taken most of their pick to win the East and dismantled them.  The beating that we just gave KD, Kyrie, and the Nets... and now the media is saying... It must be something that the Nets are doing wrong.   The Nets are a flawed team.  The Nets don't play good defense.  Wasn't this the same Nets team that many of the media said (after the Harden Trade) would challenge for the East?

But This is not the first time. 

Remember the Knicks last year.   When we beat the Knicks.. the comment was Randle was a fluke. 

Remember the 76ers last year.   When we beat the 76ers... the comment was Ben Simmons was a broken player.  Doc Rivers is a bad coach. 

Remember when we took game 1 in Milwaukee.  The comment was Milwaukee was one toenail away from being eliminated by Brooklyn. 

I keep looking for them to give us our respect.  To give Trae his respect. 

He was disrespected as an Allstar.  They acted like the guy leading the league in Points and Assists was only an allstar because Kids were voting. 

He is being disrespected as an All NBA team pick.  They took 45 voters and polled them and only 8 said that Trae would make an All NBA Team.

I'm so tired of seeing Trae disrespected in the Media.  In Social Media. Etc.  The only media persons who respect Trae are Perk and Shaq?

This year.  We snatch the respect.

Trae and the Hawks are saying:

Roman Reigns Acknowledge Me GIF - Roman Reigns Acknowledge Me Universal  Champion - Discover & Share GIFs

Trae said as much. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

CAPTION THIS....

Look at the fans going Crazy after the Shimy Three by Trae...  OK...

On the floor to Trae's left (our right)  there's a guy with a blue shirt on... look like he's saying OMG (on the Phone to someone)..

Well Right next to him there's a guy in a Gray Sweatshirt , sitting...Being giving the "What For" By Some guy in a Velvet Hawks Short set Sweatsuit...

He's A Brooklyn Fan... Hands ON head... Here's my caption.

Brooklyn Fan:  DAMN YOU TRAE YOUNG!!!   I SAT FLOOR SEATS FOR THIS!!

Trae:   IT'S Like Mama's Love!!!   I OWN EVERY BORROUGH IN NY!!!

On 4/4/2022 at 12:30 PM, Diesel said:

Is that right?

Most of the World had Brooklyn coming out of the East and winning the finals before the season started. 

Every team's 2021-22 NBA title odds, according to FOX Bet*  (OCT 19, 2021)

Brooklyn Nets: +230 (bet $10 to win $33 total)
Los Angeles Lakers: +400 (bet $10 to win $50 total)
Milwaukee Bucks: +800 (bet $10 to win $90 total)
Golden State Warriors: +1000 (bet $10 to win $110 total)
Phoenix Suns: +1400 (bet $10 to win $150 total)
Utah Jazz: +1400 (bet $10 to win $150 total)
Philadelphia 76ers: +1600 (bet $10 to win $170 total)
Los Angeles Clippers: +1600 (bet $10 to win $170 total)
Denver Nuggets: +2000 (bet $10 to win $210 total)
Miami Heat: +2500 (bet $10 to win $260 total)
Dallas Mavericks: +3000 (bet $10 to win $310 total)
Atlanta Hawks: +3500 (bet $10 to win $360 total)
Boston Celtics: +4000 (bet $10 to win $410 total)
Portland Trail Blazers: +5000 (bet $10 to win $510 total)
New York Knicks: +6600 (bet $10 to win $670 total)
Chicago Bulls: +8000 (bet $10 to win $810 total)
Memphis Grizzlies: +8000 (bet $10 to win $810 total)
New Orleans Pelicans: +8500 (bet $10 to win $860 total)
Indiana Pacers: +10000 (bet $10 to win $1,010 total)
Toronto Raptors: +10000 (bet $10 to win $1,010 total)
Charlotte Hornets: +12000 (bet $10 to win $1,210 total)
Washington Wizards: +12500 (bet $10 to win $1,260 total)
Sacramento Kings: +20000 (bet $10 to win $2,010 total)
Minnesota Timberwolves: +22500 (bet $10 to win $2,260 total)
San Antonio Spurs: +25000 (bet $10 to win $2,510 total)
Cleveland Cavaliers: +50000 (bet $10 to win $5,010 total)
Orlando Magic: +50000 (bet $10 to win $5,010 total)
Oklahoma City Thunder: +50000 (bet $10 to win $5,010 total)
Houston Rockets: +50000 (bet $10 to win $5,010 total)
Detroit Pistons: +50000 (bet $10 to win $5,010 total)

Back in October, Brooklyn was the odds on favorite to win it all....

But Note...

Brooklyn has never won a title.  Before them New Jersey has never won a title.   How is it that we have to win a chip to get respect and Brooklyn has never won nothing and they were believed to be the favorite?  Hell, we went farther than them in last years playoffs.  Yet they were more than 10 times more likely to win it all than us. 

Because of the names on the team that have won them , stop taking everything so black and white, there is context here yes it's NYC so there going to get more attention as well we all know that it's a bigger market, ATL won't get that prolly until they win chip in each major sport that hasn't won one yet that's all I'm saying.  We can sit here all day and come up.with examples to both of these arguments but this isn't a clear cut thing to argue about this is a dynamic that is complex but mostly it comes down to money if u really want to put why who gets what respect.  Who cares if we get all this attention.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:48 AM, NBASupes said:

You try too hard, we never get respect. This ain't new. 

You ain't wrong, so the thing I complain about isn't necessarily us not getting respect.  The thing that bothers me is other equally unproven guys/teams that do get respect absent accomplishment.

You got folks out here touting the Cavs and Hornets as sleepers to make a run (whatever that means).  But, when it comes to the Hawks, it's eh Trae don't play no defense so .... how's about the Nets?

You got folks out here touting the SGA's and Ball's of the world but when it comes to Trae, they set the high bar.

That's the part that still bothers me.

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hylndr11 said:

Because of the names on the team that have won them , stop taking everything so black and white, there is context here yes it's NYC so there going to get more attention as well we all know that it's a bigger market, ATL won't get that prolly until they win chip in each major sport that hasn't won one yet that's all I'm saying.  We can sit here all day and come up.with examples to both of these arguments but this isn't a clear cut thing to argue about this is a dynamic that is complex but mostly it comes down to money if u really want to put why who gets what respect.  Who cares if we get all this attention.

Nah Son..

Go back to the listing of odds..

Utah and Denver had better odds of winning it all to start the season also. 

1. They are small market. 
  2. Their teams have never won the Chip. 
  3. They don't have players on their team that has won the chip. 
  4. They were both first round exits last year...

So How does this thing work???

At some point, you have to recognize that the yellow stuff falling on your head is not the rain that people told you it was. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You ain't wrong, so the thing I complain about isn't necessarily us not getting respect.  The thing that bothers me is other equally unproven guys/teams that do get respect absent accomplishment.

You got folks out here touting the Cavs and Hornets as sleepers to make a run (whatever that means).  But, when it comes to the Hawks, it's eh Trae don't play no defense so .... how's about the Nets?

You got folks out here touting the SGA's and Ball's of the world but when it comes to Trae, they set the high bar.

That's the part that still bothers me.

Trae has been counted out all of his life.  All of his life, he had to prove himself.  This is no different.  He is putting up historic numbers and people are still trying to find ways to devalue him.   If Tyrese Haliburton were putting up Trae Numbers, they would be calling him Jesus Shuttlesworth.