• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Grant as a SF if we plan to move Hunter for a 2?

Diesel

It would be a disaster with Grant at the 3. Yes, he can guard big wings and 4s but he can't guard quick wings and guards which Hunter can. If we had Lowry or other defensive minded guards, it would be no issue but with Trae and likely Huerter and Bogi, it's unlikely. 

Grant could be JC replacement if they trade JC for #7 overall but I have extreme doubts as Atlanta would have to trade 16 to Portland via Stepian rule as POR been trading their damn picks too much. 

Maybe it opens the door to a Gobert trade as Utah been insisting on Hunter when we offer Capela. Atlanta been reluctant but maybe this opens an opportunity for that move. I honestly don't know as I really could give a shit less about Grant. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Grant could be JC replacement if they trade JC for #7 overall but I have extreme doubts as Atlanta would have to trade 16 to Portland via Stepian rule

As long as PTL makes the pick then trades it on draft night, the Stepian rule will no longer apply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Diesel said:

Trae, Simmons, Grant, JC, Ayton....

What do you think about that Starting Unit?

I think Grant is the least interesting part of that lineup and that we will struggle with Grant and JC trying to defend wings.  My assumption is Simmons would take the toughest wing assignment leaving Grant with the other wing which would result in some bad mismatches.  He needs to be in a 3/4 role where he can let someone else take quick SF opponents (and generally avoiding the even more mobile SGs).  His woeful rebounding limits him as a fulltime 4.

Would also be very worried about Grant's salary and how he would take to being the 4th option on offense (Trae #1, Ayton #2, JC anytime he is available will be more efficient than Grant, and Grant is #4 when the other 3 aren't available).  I think he would be a valuable player but very unlikely to ever approach his salary in value (assuming he gets even 80% of what he wants).

Of course, I'd be petrified about Simmons and his mental and physical health after his career track record to date but I'd also be excited about the possibility of what he could do if healthy and engaged.  Just red flag risk all over there.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who's stretching the floor?

Grant is a 36 to 40% 3 point shooter on 3 to 5 attempts per game   Hunter is a 36 to 38% 3 point shooter on around 3 to 5 attempts per game Trae we already know can shoot the day lights out the ball. 

Compare that to bogi who is 36 to 40% on about 4 to 6 attempts per game  and you aren't to far off at all.

But on the other hand you have much better defense 2 to 5, are bigger, and where as you might lose a little bit from the 3 you also now have a true playmaker beside Trae that can run the offense and can get his own buckets.  Instead of everyone standing around at the 3 doing nothing like happens often. 

If we moved alot more and passed alot more to try to get better looks i would be much more happy with alot of deep threat guys.  But more often than not they just get to their spot and stand.  Atleast we know if a Simmons get the ball theirs a high chance he will draw defenders to the basket and he can actually pass out of it as well to a Trae, Hunter, or Grant which are all 35 to 40% 3 point shooters.

Money would be an issue as well. With Trae's new raise, Collins raise, Ayton getting maxed to leave Phoenix, Simmons making at least 35 million, and then Grant asking for at least 28 to 30 million it wouldn't be possible unless Supes, Diesel, JayBird, Threezus, AHF, and me fill out the rest of the roster.😀

I like the thinking out of the box though.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TRW said:

Money would be an issue as well. With Trae's new raise, Collins raise, Ayton getting maxed to leave Phoenix, Simmons making at least 35 million, and then Grant asking for at least 28 to 30 million it wouldn't be possible unless Supes, Diesel, JayBird, Threezus, AHF, and me fill out the rest of the roster.😀

I like the thinking out of the box though.

I'll make Korver proud i'll come off the bench for yall i'll nail atleast a few 3's lol.