• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest Similarity Scores Released

benhillboy

13 hours ago, macdaddy said:

So what's the takeaway / surprises here?   I need teaching. 

None really I’m just fascinated by the deep-dive comparisons and the common denominators amongst career progressions and Win Shares.

@AHF am I crazy for just now noticing the adjusted shooting metric on Basketball Ref?  Anyway it’s a great stat similar to OPS+ and ERA+ (excellent betting tool) in baseball; new-age, single-value sabremetric numbers that even purists can get behind.

Bogi good (72 field goals added through his career). Murray no good (-321 field goals “added”).  The metric loves Bogi’s 3 point attempt rate with his efficiency despite his horrendous FT attempts.  Murray is below league average in all 8 categories.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Murray getting more efficient as a scorer is the biggest upside situation for him playing alongside Trae, imo.  He has been a a below average scorer (ie numbers driven by volume instead of efficiency) but should get better looks in Atlanta.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AHF said:

I think the original post here would really benefit from listing the player's name before the similarity chart follows.  @benhillboy

8 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Fair point.  I thought the bolded print was enough.

Name in bold was sufficient for me. Interesting comparisons bhb, preesh.

• Like 1