• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CBS Sports "From Deep" column: Lots of Hawks fodder for preseason discussion

sturt

• Premium Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/from-deep-the-hawks-balancing-act-starring-trae-young-and-dejounte-murray/

And in the "skeptic" vs. "believer" section, you'll even find some nod to the Real Hawks vs. Fake Hawks discussion, though not as convincing as how I presented it, of course. 😉

2022-10-14_15-20-39.png

• Thanks 4

• Premium Member

Good read.  Surprisingly, it's not the usual hack job from someone oblivious about our team.  Though the "skeptic" takes have some of that familiar superficial commentary, most notably the overselling of the Huerter loss, they do make some valid points.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

The Hawks season will boil down to 2 people and 2 people only.  Trae Young and Dejaunte Murray.  If we get the Young/Muray play from Abu dhabi, hello eastern conference finals.  If we get Cleveland Young/Murray, 5-6 seed.  Its just that simple

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks season will boil down to 2 people and 2 people only.  Trae Young and Dejaunte Murray.  If we get the Young/Muray play from Abu dhabi, hello eastern conference finals.  If we get Cleveland Young/Murray, 5-6 seed.  Its just that simple

I think it's fair to acknowledge their legs may not have been under them vs CLE due to the trip.

Simply saying I think we should give it some time to see where the floor is.  I wouldn't expect the shooting to be as bad as it was vs CLE.  And I'm not ready to claim, as many CLE fans are, that Garland "locked up" Trae.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wretch said:

Good read.  Surprisingly, it's not the usual hack job from someone oblivious about our team.  Though the "skeptic" takes have some of that familiar superficial commentary, most notably the overselling of the Huerter loss, they do make some valid points.

We got fans here who oversell that. Kevin at the end of the day was a net neutral with Trae. That just won't cut it. He had five years to figure it out and hasn't 

Bogi always been the more impactful one of The pair

Gallo lost could hurt if we are being honest but let's see what JJ brings. He has the talent for sure.

• Like 4

After pre-season and only one regular season win, Hawks future is still kinda fuzzy.  Orlando Magic pop into our arena tonight.  Another very young team, throwing youth and enthusiasm into our house.  Perhaps we can open the 1st quarter with solid shooting.

Hawks might even grab a rebound or two.  Had a nine man rotation in the opener.  Expect much the same tonight.  Defense!  Steals!  

GO ATL HAWKS!!

😉