• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A championship move...

Diesel

• Premium Member

JC + OO to Toronto for Pascal Siakim. 

I'm tired of seeing OO not be able to do the PNR.   He's coming along but coming along slowly.

Getting Siakim, IMO would put us in the Championship picture.  We'd have to spend some money on a BU Center.  Like Whitesides or somebody... but Championship picture. 

What do you think. 

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Toronto not doing that.  But sign me up for Siakam if they are.  

Toronto is definitely a grit it out team.. but I have noticed that they are Front court heavy.  I mean, they have what in the backcourt... Van Fleet and Trent Jr... and that is it.   Nobody else of note.   I think a healthy Bogi would be a prize for them.  Also OO because they don't really have a Center either.   Just the land of Pfs.  I threw in Hunter to make the money work better... but young guys on long contracts  and they definitely need some backcourt help. 

Will they give up Siakim?  Barnes makes all things possible. 

But the price will be high...  However, I'm not offering breadsticks... there's some meat on that plate.

• Premium Member

Makes me wonder... If Toronto said..

Well give you Siakim but we want:

Bogi, OO, and AJ Giffin...

would you pull that trigger??

Yeah.. Just knocked over a sacred cow there.

but:

Trae, Murray, Hunter, Siakim, and Clint.   

we're more defensive than a former prostitute in church. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Makes me wonder... If Toronto said..

Well give you Siakim but we want:

Bogi, OO, and AJ Giffin...

would you pull that trigger??

Yeah.. Just knocked over a sacred cow there.

but:

Trae, Murray, Hunter, Siakim, and Clint.   

we're more defensive than a former prostitute in church. 

Logical me goes it's a no brainer trading those 3 for Siakam, but my heart says AJ is special and I want him to be the 3rd head of the snake alongside Trae x DJM.

If we could do JC + OO for Siakam we'd pull that trigger in a heartbeat, but Siakam is too valuable for Toronto unfortunately. Maybe Scottie breaks out and renders Siakam expendable? Doubt it, but we can hope...

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, akay said:

Logical me goes it's a no brainer trading those 3 for Siakam, but my heart says AJ is special and I want him to be the 3rd head of the snake alongside Trae x DJM.

If we could do JC + OO for Siakam we'd pull that trigger in a heartbeat, but Siakam is too valuable for Toronto unfortunately. Maybe Scottie breaks out and renders Siakam expendable? Doubt it, but we can hope...

I think Scottie has Broke out... I mean ROY... he's a efficient scorer.   I think both of them have contracts coming up in a couple of years.   Using Siakim as a C is not going to go for too long.   In the playoffs, that plus their lack of Depth in the backcourt will do them in... I suspect if they can get a C and a 2 for Siakam (a good C and a good 2) then they would do it. 

A trade for OO + Griff.. is a nod to the future. 

You are right.. Griff is special.   But Siakim is a walking 24/9.

The real issue is that we like Griff and we have JC who could give us a lot of what we would want from Siakam.   Plus, Toronto is in our conference and we would like to watch them suffer with overlapping talent. 

It's interesting.

Nearly exactly a year ago I posted this suggestion:
 Last week I had a crazy idea about trading Gallo, Bogi, and Cam for FVV and Siakam.  Think about a starting lineup:

Trae
FVV
Siakam
Collins
Capela

Guess what people said?  We would be throwing Cam away and his future for a marginally better player.  Ya'll were drunk for Cam.  No one thought it would improve our team.  Ya'll should have told me that would be a dream come true but there is no way Toronto does it.   

Look up the thread called Wing Twist, it was peak Cam delusion.  

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Nearly exactly a year ago I posted this suggestion:
 Last week I had a crazy idea about trading Gallo, Bogi, and Cam for FVV and Siakam.  Think about a starting lineup:

Trae
FVV
Siakam
Collins
Capela

Guess what people said?  We would be throwing Cam away and his future for a marginally better player.  Ya'll were drunk for Cam.  No one thought it would improve our team.  Ya'll should have told me that would be a dream come true but there is no way Toronto does it.   

Look up the thread called Wing Twist, it was peak Cam delusion.  

Well, it was a good idea but a little early.   You needed Scottie Barnes.  They probably won't give up FVV.  

If we were to get to the place that we wanted to move DJM, I think a straight up trade for Siakim would give them exactly what they need.. but we're not going to do that. 

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Well, it was a good idea but a little early.   You needed Scottie Barnes.  They probably won't give up FVV.  

If we were to get to the place that we wanted to move DJM, I think a straight up trade for Siakim would give them exactly what they need.. but we're not going to do that. 

Barnes was a rookie last year.  So he was still in the fold.  

Aaron Holiday + 1st round pick to Hornets for Mark Williams.

Well, any way, trade something to the Hornets for their G League center, Mark Williams.

Maybe a package?  We need another big and MW is my choice.

:smug:

• Thanks 1