Trae the dime king 👑 in 2022-23?

Spud2nique

We got a 3 man race with Haliburton @Gray Mule at 10.2 per with Trae and Jokic tied at #2 with 9.9 per.

Trae won the TOTAL assists lasts year, per this year? 

I’ve always wanted a Hawk to be the NBA dime king 👑 for the season. I think that’s why I love Trae so much, the dimes.

Probably the single most individual accolade or award that I really want, everything else team!  Get it Trae! :hmm:

image.gif.3e6942fdbb58c6390e79ec56e0984bb1.gif

E01BC6DE-CD46-42D9-BE18-8C5667B8F475.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member

Trae is a great passer in terms of quantity and degree of difficulty, but the area where he desperately needs to improve is where he is placing regular normal passes out to shooters.  Quite often he misses the shooter's window and doesn't deliver the ball to the sweet spot.   This drastically affects the shot that is coming and lowers the chances of it being made considerably.  

Great passers don't just make a lot of passes, but they also make sure they deliver the ball in the best spot for the shooter to get into his shooting motion.   Trae is great at this around the hoop, but well below average when it comes to feeding the perimeter.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, shakes said:

Trae is a great passer in terms of quantity and degree of difficulty, but the area where he desperately needs to improve is where he is placing regular normal passes out to shooters.  Quite often he misses the shooter's window and doesn't deliver the ball to the sweet spot.   This drastically affects the shot that is coming and lowers the chances of it being made considerably.  

Great passers don't just make a lot of passes, but they also make sure they deliver the ball in the best spot for the shooter to get into his shooting motion.   Trae is great at this around the hoop, but well below average when it comes to feeding the perimeter.

If I closed my eyes and listened to your words, I thought you were talking about DJ and Not Trae. 

Let's clear this up...

ON the PNR and on 90% of the lobs... Trae's passes are on point.   Right where the ball handler can get the ball and finish.  He's even figured out OO's sweet spot which allowed OO to stop bringing the ball down... which is something that was very frustrating. 

Out to the shooters, I rarely see a shooter have to step off his spot.  You know that Trae is an accurate passer because when he sent that hot shot to the ref, there was no argument about he didn't mean to do it.  It was on the money and HOT.  And that's how most of his passes are.  He doesn't send many lazy passes.  IF you see Trae fire a lazy pass, he's having a bad game. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Diesel said:

If I closed my eyes and listened to your words, I thought you were talking about DJ and Not Trae. 

Let's clear this up...

ON the PNR and on 90% of the lobs... Trae's passes are on point.   Right where the ball handler can get the ball and finish.  He's even figured out OO's sweet spot which allowed OO to stop bringing the ball down... which is something that was very frustrating. 

Out to the shooters, I rarely see a shooter have to step off his spot.  You know that Trae is an accurate passer because when he sent that hot shot to the ref, there was no argument about he didn't mean to do it.  It was on the money and HOT.  And that's how most of his passes are.  He doesn't send many lazy passes.  IF you see Trae fire a lazy pass, he's having a bad game. 

I'll disagree on the second paragraph.  Seen plenty of passes from drive and kicks that are neither on time or on target.   

3 hours ago, shakes said:

I'll disagree on the second paragraph.  Seen plenty of passes from drive and kicks that are neither on time or on target.   

I think a lot of the lower quality passes are in traffic where he just needs to get the ball to the open man.  They have to gather and pass, dribble, or shoot.  But it's not always pretty.  

As others have mentioned offense hasn't been our problem the past couple years.  Certainly Trae's passing is towards the bottom of the list of areas where we need improvement.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

As others have mentioned offense hasn't been our problem the past couple years.  Certainly Trae's passing is towards the bottom of the list of areas where we need improvement.  

We here are experts at focusing on Flaws that are not really flaws.

• Like 2