• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tonight's game is about as pivotal and consequential as a midseason game can be... DEN favored by 6

sturt

• Premium Member

Win, and it seems likely there's too much positive momentum to think there would be a major change ahead of Thursday's deadline, and with only a Tue game between now and then.

Lose... and especially if it's a bad loss of course... it leaves the front office with plenty of latitude to pull the trigger on a major change, and almost certainly would do that if a DEN loss were to be followed by a loss in NOLA.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Win, and it seems likely there's too much positive momentum to think there would be a major change ahead of Thursday's deadline, and with only a Tue game between now and then.

Lose... and especially if it's a bad loss of course... it leaves the front office with plenty of latitude to pull the trigger on a major change, and almost certainly would do that if a DEN loss were to be followed by a loss in NOLA.

I don't think it's that pivotal considering we are on a back to back and Denver has a top home record and has the rest advantage. The plans for a trade is probably not dependent on the loss in Denver.

50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Denver is always a tough place to play considering the altitude. Add to it coming off a back to back....difficult spot to be in.

C'mon Hawks - Win!

Quite honestly, I'm not expecting a win, but will def be happy with one. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't think it's that pivotal considering we are on a back to back and Denver has a top home record and has the rest advantage. The plans for a trade is probably not dependent on the loss in Denver.

Let me be clearer about what I'm saying.

First, I'm not saying that I believe a major move will occur with a loss to DEN.

I'm rather saying I believe a major move could occur with a loss to DEN, but more certainly, a loss to DEN makes the NOP game on Tue still more pivotal (assuming a major move wouldn't be taken tomorrow or Monday)... a loss to DEN and NOP re-establishes the assessment that this roster isn't made up of a group of guys capable of performing and winning consistently at a top level. (A popular notion on this forum pretty much since the season began, of course.)

And. What I'm saying, glass half-full... a win seemingly creates too much positive momentum for the front office to make a major move before Thu.

So, it's pretty pivotal. Much more than your typical midseason game, anyhow.

All you Squawkers demanding change... rock solid convinced this team is going nowhere as it is currently constituted... you need to be cheering for a couple of losses.

• Premium Member

Whether we lost for reasons or for excuses, bottom line is, we lost and the door is very much open for something to be very different about our roster next Saturday when Becky Hammon and company roll into town.