• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-2024 Free Agents & Trade Targets

theheroatl

I think priority #1 is getting Grant Williams from Boston. I think he’s been a big part of why they’ve been successful defensively. He reminds me of a Covington, Green, Tucker hybrid.

Would you all agree? Who else would be a prime trade/free agent target. I think defensive players who protect the paint would be an absolute must.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Me personally, I'm in no mood for these 2023-24 conversations, if you don't mind me saying so.

We just got through a trade deadline. I want to see first how these next 25 games go before I mentally throw in the towel to that extent. Yes, some of our guys have to up their game, but yes, those same players have shown the capacity at points in their careers to be that good.

Now, it all just has to come together.

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I think priority #1 is getting Grant Williams from Boston

On my list of priorities this doesn't even register. A backup RFA PF looking for close to $20   million? (Plus we have no FA money)

How we end the season will determine how we proceed in the offseason.   If we are changing starters, the priority should be getting real upgrades, not make lateral moves.

I haven't looked at any FA lists, too soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We ain't got no money. Trades are far more likely than FA signings. 

Yeah we're going to have to part with someone and that'll be tough.   I'm assuming Collins at this point since i'm sure he's ready to be elsewhere.  Maybe Bogi too.  

• Like 2

Looking forward to the offseason. We need a top 10 scoring defense not a bottom 10. We suck on defense and that's why we have games like last night against Charlotte and make Rozier look all-NBA.

Players that can go:

Bogi, JC, Dre, JJ, CC

Players to keep:

Trae, DJ, Bey, OO, AJ 

Surround those guys with top defenders.

Edited by theheroatl

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

How is Bey a keeper but Capela is not?

Lot of odd stuff going on in this thread.

Rookie scale contract. CC is our most valuable trade chip and clearly is not helping points against in the paint. 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Rookie scale contract. CC is our most valuable trade chip and clearly is not helping points against in the paint. 

Points in the paint are the result of our point-of-attack defense (guards/wings).  Not because of Capela.  We're asking him to take a spoon and bail all the water outta the titanic. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Both him and OO are due for early contract extensions this offseason, RFA the next.

We are going to keep being who we are if we keep trading salary for picks and lesser talent.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Both him and OO are due for early contract extensions this offseason, RFA the next.

We are going to keep being who we are if we keep trading salary for picks and lesser talent.

We need to use his salary for salary not picks. Combine him with Bogi. 

OO needs to stay long term. He is our efficient C since Al Horford

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
On 2/13/2023 at 8:29 AM, macdaddy said:

Yeah we're going to have to part with someone and that'll be tough.   I'm assuming Collins at this point since i'm sure he's ready to be elsewhere.  Maybe Bogi too.  

Collins ain't going anywhere.  He's currently filming Groundhog Day 2 where he plays a guy who wakes up every day to his name being trading block for 3 straight years.   Needs 2 more years of filming before it's ready for theatrical release.

• Haha 1