• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae and Quin conversation?

Spud2nique

I would love to be a fly on the wall. At some point I’m sure Quin asked the question of, what do you want Trae? Do you want stats or championships.

We before me. 

Trae has a chance to elevate his career and take a direct path to a Zeke like career. First few years, you show out to the league about who you are and what you are capable of doing…

After that, it’s about getting your teammates and yourself to have one goal..

Championships.

Trae has the skillset to be the guy to help others succeed and grow their games much like Magic Johnson did with the Lakers and again Zeke did as well.

Snyder: If you get a hockey 🏒 assist, it’s almost better than a direct dime because now it’s gotten another player involved.

It’s the pass before the pass that gets the machine twirling.

Snyder is a throwback. He studies, he’s smart, a teacher and a winner. We need to Auerbach him for a decade and have Trae be our Cousy. I’m gonna go throw up a lil now cuz I brought the Schmelts into it. :batman:

I guess this is what the media keeps saying by either Quin will fix Trae or else…

We want to go championships in Atlanta for the Hawks!!!!!

LETS GO!!!!!

• Like 3

• Moderators

Not to apologize for Trae but part of the problem for the Hawks the last three years is we just lack consistent shot makers.  When we were at our best it's because Trae was setting up Bogi and Kev and Gallo and JC and they were knocking them down.   

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Not to apologize for Trae but part of the problem for the Hawks the last three years is we just lack consistent shot makers.  When we were at our best it's because Trae was setting up Bogi and Kev and Gallo and JC and they were knocking them down.   

Yes, this is why we went out and got all of those shooters in the first place.

The issue is, except for recently with JC, all of those shooters were liabilities on defense, which was a negative when factoring in Trae.

We moved on from those guys in order to strengthen our defense and as a result, we now lack on outside shooting again.

We really need a bunch of 2 way guys around Trae, which we are still working towards.

We are getting there

• Thanks 1

It's taken a while for me to realize this, but Trae needs to be more of a Nash/Kidd type than a Kyrie/AI type.  On our rebuilding teams in his first few years he had to score alot because he had no help.  But now he does.  His passing ability is elite and we need to build around that.

Trae will never be an elite "scoring" closer because of his size and low release on his shot.  It is very difficult for him to get shots off in these situations.  He's not like a Luka/KD or someone who can literally just rise up and shoot over the top.  But he is elite at facilitating and should focus on that.  If the shot is there, take it but don't force it.  He gets blocked too often in these situations.

That and the careless live ball turnovers.  I understand he has high usage and thus will have more turnovers, but many of his are careless and lead to an immediate fast break dunk on the other end.  DJM needs to work on this too.

Edited by AtLaS