• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you do it 5-3

Diesel

Would you do the following trade?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I would say yes to that one, but I think Brooklyn would want a better return.  

I don't think it's a bad offering. 

#15 in the draft, Hunter, and JC. 

Brooklyn don't even need Joe Harris.  He's just a wasted bench space now.  Bridges is the prize.    The real spark here is going to be Cam Johnson. 

If Houston gives Johnson a 4 year 95 Million dollar deal, will Brooklyn want to match?  Cam has lots of potential, but I think that BKN would end up working a SNT deal for him instead of just losing him outright. 

So I supposed that Cam gets SNT to Houston for KPJ...  and that would open up a need for a second trade. 

This is the bigger picture...

image.png

Plus the first rounder. 

Simmons may not ever play again.. so he's not moving and unmovable. 

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

A first round pick is not enough to motivate Brooklyn to replace Cam Johnson and Mikal with Hunter and JC.  

And Kevin Porter Jr. 

We're not getting Cam.

I don't know what Brooklyn will do.  I don't know how their "rebuild" is going. 

On the face of it...

How much farther is Mikal Bridges than Hunter?

Second...  don't look at the way we misused JC.  Look at JC totally.. that means from the beginning. 

image.png

Before we went out and got Clint, JC was a 22, 10 PF shooting 58% from the field and 40% from three. 

Clint killed his spacing and took away his touches.  If you take the difference between Hunter and Bridges.. add that to  Harris...  do you think that that difference + Harris  is that much more than JC + #15 in this draft?

Harris is a walking 1/2 season injury.   He's trade fodder.. he helps us get the money right.     The prize is really bridges.. So we're giving up all this for Bridges... and you say Brooklyn is not motivated?

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, shakes said:

this is awful for Brooklyn.

What are they supposed to get for that package... Let me guess...

AD and 2 1st rounders...

or

AntMan, Kat and 2 1st rounders. 

or

Steph and Klay...

image.png

This is Bridges vs. Hunter.   Yes, Bridges is better... but not overwhelmingly better.    If Harris could play a whole season.. He's not in JC's universe.  And if we give them a 1st on top of all that... WHY is that "awful for Brooklyn".   No contract concerns. 

• Confused 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What are they supposed to get for that package... Let me guess...

AD and 2 1st rounders...

or

AntMan, Kat and 2 1st rounders. 

or

Steph and Klay...

image.png

This is Bridges vs. Hunter.   Yes, Bridges is better... but not overwhelmingly better.    If Harris could play a whole season.. He's not in JC's universe.  And if we give them a 1st on top of all that... WHY is that "awful for Brooklyn".   No contract concerns. 

I notice you included all of Bridges stats and not  just since he came to Brooklyn.  I'll stick with the much more relevant stats of his time in Brooklyn where he averaged 26 ppg on better shooting and better defense than Hunter.   And he did that as the #1 option.

Bridges is very much overwhelmingly better than Hunter and worth way more than Hunter, mid FRPand a borderline negative asset in Collins.  

Don't be such a homer with your proposals.

• Moderators
Just now, shakes said:

I notice you included all of Bridges stats and not  just since he came to Brooklyn.  I'll stick with the much more relevant stats of his time in Brooklyn where he averaged 26 ppg on better shooting and better defense than Hunter.   And he did that as the #1 option.

Bridges is very much overwhelmingly better than Hunter and worth way more than Hunter, mid FRPand a borderline negative asset in Collins.  

Don't be such a homer with your proposals.

You don't have to go by the counting stat numbers to see a huge gap between Hunter and Bridges.  It doesn't matter what metric you use.  They are not in the same ballpark.

image.png

I would love us to get Bridges but think it is going to be hard to imagine a scenario where Brooklyn is actually interested in trading him to us.  

• Like 2