• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you Do it and Question of the Day for 5-10.... This is everything...

Diesel

Would you do the following trade?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Jaylen Brown making All NBA is now eligible for a super max extension from the Celtics worth 5yrs/$295 million... 😲. 4yr/$190 if he didn't make it.

Wonder if Boston would even offer the supermax? I know they want to keep him, but is he a supermax player? Especially if they lose to Philly. A lot of questions about whether two wings with some overlapping skills can be your best 2 players on a championship team. 

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Wonder if Boston would even offer the supermax? I know they want to keep him, but is he a supermax player? Especially if they lose to Philly. A lot of questions about whether two wings with some overlapping skills can be your best 2 players on a championship team. 

He has been better than Tatum in these playoffs.  However, giving him the supermax will cost them down the road.  Especially if they go out in the 2nd round.   I don't know if they gamble all that depth.... but they have deep pockets so who knows. 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

If Boston loses tonight, it definitely leaves them at a crossroads.  I actually like the fact that the pressure is ramped up on them with Brown making All-NBA.

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

If Boston loses tonight, it definitely leaves them at a crossroads.  I actually like the fact that the pressure is ramped up on them with Brown making All-NBA.

Same. I could envision them questioning whether the Tatum / Brown duo works at the championship level and being reluctant to commit huge money to both. Jaylen could say pay me or I'm out. Could work well for Hawks. 

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Same. I could envision them questioning whether the Tatum / Brown duo works at the championship level and being reluctant to commit huge money to both. Jaylen could say pay me or I'm out. Could work well for Hawks. 

And for the Hawks this makes zero difference unless I'm mistaken.  The max contract  he could sign here doesn't change.  But it raises (considerably) the max contract for Boston which opens the door to an Al Horford situation where Boston offers significantly more than Atlanta but he feels insulted because it isn't a max offer.