• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 Draft Thread

akay

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can't wait to see this kid take the ice in the Blackhawks sweater.  The team is still years away from being in the playoffs but at least there is something worth watching now.

Me too.  I've been boycotting the Hawks since they traded Panarin in 2017.   Said a year ago that if they want me back they need to get Bedard.   They held up their end of the bargain so I'm back!

34 minutes ago, AHF said:

You have to wonder about this?  Not trying to be sarcastic but you don't wonder about this.  You know this for a fact.  I might never have heard of him if he wasn't LeBron's son.  (This doesn't mean he can't be a successful NBA player but obviously the hype is soooooo much higher than it would otherwise be.)

Part of it is the social media age we are in as well. But Bronny has game.

MJ had 2 sons that played ball but nobody really cared because they just weren’t that good. People imagined what if they had had their dad’s ability but they just couldn’t hack it.

DWade had a son in the G-League and nobody cared, because he doesn’t have a real NBA future.

Bronny isn’t generational by any means, but he can hoop. We would not hear about him if he couldn’t.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

MJ had 2 sons that played ball but nobody really cared because they just weren’t that good. People imagined what if they had had their dad’s ability but they just couldn’t hack it.

DWade had a son in the G-League and nobody cared, because he doesn’t have a real NBA future.

Bronny isn’t generational by any means, but he can hoop. We would not hear about him if he couldn’t.

It'll be interesting to see how he does in college.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Right but we hear much more about him because he is LeBron's son.  I've been hearing about him since he was like 12 years old.  Last year, I had to learn most of the names projected later than the lottery in the draft because I just don't follow college basketball even a small fraction as much as I used to.  That is the same range where Bronny is projected but, again, I've known about him for years.  I'm not saying people who are into college basketball wouldn't know Bronny.  I am saying they wouldn't hear as much about him as they do.  I'm saying casual fans like me at this stage of my life wouldn't know him at all.  I can't name a single USC player from last year and I sure don't know a lot of non-top-10 college recruits unless they are directly involved with UK.  I shouldn't know who Bronny is and I do because of his Dad. 

None of that is to say he doesn't have game.  Kobe Bufkin presumably has game but I didn't know him this time when he was coming out of high school and didn't know him this time last year either and didn't know him 45 days ago either until I started reading mock drafts and Spud's thread and other draft content on here.

To make a short story long, I'm saying the degree of hype is a product of his famous father and his father's stated intention to play with his son.

• Premium Member

First Round Picks: Signed vs Unsigned.

First Round:

1. San Antonio Spurs: Victor Wembanyama, C, Metropolitans 92: Signed
  2. Charlotte Hornets: Brandon Miller, F, Alabama: Signed
  3. Portland Trail Blazers: Scoot Henderson, G, G League Ignite: Signed
  4. Houston Rockets: Amen Thompson, G, Overtime Elite
  5. Detroit Pistons: Ausar Thompson, G, Overtime Elite: Signed
  6. Orlando Magic: Anthony Black, G, Arkansas: Signed
  7. Washington Wizards: Bilal Coulibaly, F, Metropolitans 92: Signed
  8. Indiana Pacers: Jarace Walker, F, Houston: Signed
  9. Utah Jazz: Taylor Hendricks, F, UCF: Signed