• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023 Draft Thread

akay

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

It looks like ESPN is as excited about ATL's pick as we are. I'm pulling for Kobe though. Hopefully he gives us something to be excited about during Summer League.

Id be happy just to see another Hawks 1st rdr in SL..  Theyre usually injured..smh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

This is the guard I mentioned earlier the team was praying would fall to us.

I LOVE THIS PICK. This kid plays great defense. He is the lefty version of DJM. Basically the same player, good and bad. Kobe is a good on ball defender, a good creator and can shoot. This is a great pick for us. I was scared we would trade down and miss out on him.

I was not allowed to say anything about him. The team had a short list of players and were going to take whoever was left to us at 15.

I said it for you LMAOO. It was the worst kept secret. 

• Premium Member

Not sure how Kobe fits, at least for the near future. He's a SG who can be a secondary ball handler, not a PG who can score. He does show some exceptional defensive instincts, but it's hard to see how he gets on the floor.

3 minutes ago, warcore said:

Not a fan of another small SG. 

I'm ok with Kobe bc he will be backup point. 

I guess this means we're waiving the nonguaranteed contracts of Vit, Martin, and Matthews. 

We needed a backup PG if true.. I asked if he could play PG.. Nobody answered my question.. lol

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is it 6'10 or 6'11? lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, warcore said:

I guess this means we're waiving the nonguaranteed contracts of Vit, Martin, and Matthews. 

See you in College Park Vit and Martin.

Just now, warcore said:

I like it. We need a 3rd big to develop. What did we give up to get him though?

Maybe we sent Cash Considerations 😯

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just watched some of the highlights of Gueye!

He's raw..

But...

He already has an up and under move.  It's impressive.   He has the ability to have good feetwork.  He's bouncy.  He has good timing on his shot blocks.   You can see the potential.  He needs to add about 25 - 30 lbs because he'd get pushed around too easily. However, he made me think of Hakeem.. yes.. Olajuwon.   He's very raw and got a long way to go before he can be an every day player but... he has loads of potential.

• Like 2