• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2023-24 Insider Information Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Afro said:

I'm not even sure it's a sensible argument. Has any team in the NBA chosen a guy "cause he's cheaper" and it worked out? I don't think so. 

Its not cause Murry is cheaper, Its because Trae is not a difference maker. The Hawks record isn't much different with or without Trae Young except last year when they were clearly better without Trae young in the line up

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Yep 100%

in fact that’s pretty much what’s happening… everything else is fan fiction from these two factions:

Spurs/Lakers fanboys

TraeHaters

All scenarios, hype, media.. everything comes from these two factions..

not facts or reality

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Its not cause Murry is cheaper, Its because Trae is not a difference maker. The Hawks record isn't much different with or without Trae Young except last year when they were clearly better without Trae young in the line up

My man, with all due respect times 2, I'm not really interested in having any debate about Trae with you. 

[]

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Man, with all due respect, some of yall talk yourself into having a problem with Trae way too much. 

One sentiment I've heard from both lebron apologists and detractors is, if a fan hates things Lebron does (the passive aggressiveness, the complaining, etc), it pales in comparison to some attitudes lower players and player-families have.

The only difference is Lebron is big enough to act on it.

Overall point being that we should acknowledge those things are more common than we know.  And that we don't "know" these guys as much as we may think.  Even the "good" ones have demands that could sully our perception if they were made public.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Afro said:

My man, with all due respect times 2, I'm not really interested in having any debate about Trae with you. 

[]

It should not be a debate...The numbers speak for themselves.  look at what ever numbers you want and then tell me that I am discussing this issue with bad faith

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Heh.  In a bad year for Trae, he's still better than Murray offensively.  Defensively, they're closer to equal than folks will admit.

Maybe but Murray is basically half the price.  Is Trae twice as good as Murray?  I say no

So you don't think I'm being a complete asshole who is just ignoring you lol

Going from "it's not about money" to "yeah Trae may be better, but Murray is half the price" within a single page is ...[]...just flipping the goalposts around whenever it fits. 

• Like 1

We should trade Murray and Trae and sign Vit to a multi-year deal since he played like a dynamic rotation piece for those few weeks while Trae was out.  🤨 I actually do hope we sign him to a reasonable extension but clearly this is tongue in cheek. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Afro said:

So you don't think I'm being a complete asshole who is just ignoring you lol

Going from "it's not about money" to "yeah Trae may be better, but Murray is half the price" within a single page is ...[]...just flipping the goalposts around whenever it fits. 

Just saying its debatable whether overall Trae helps the team win more than Murray.  []

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Where/when did Trae say this? The only thing he said is he wants to know their plans from the reports I've read. If they plan on moving all the veterans on the team for draft picks and want to keep Trae for ticket sales.  Is it not fair for him to say he wants out? 

That team would have been fine if Giannis and Lillard hadn't gotten injured though. They'd be playing the Knicks right now and probably on their way to the ECF.

The message of this clip is "quit changing coaches", get him some help, and he's doing all he can."  This is a casual observer's opinion of the Hawks - what someone who DOESN'T watch us or know what's going on would say.  Trae is co-signing on everything said in this clip by reacting to it.  He's had a significant voice in shaping this roster, so it's a little duplicitous for him to try to line up with this.

I don't have the energy to get into Trae, cryptic messages, social media and all that.  If you don't understand how these things are used to send signals, then we're on opposite sides of the planet with no way to communicate.  For me, it's pretty clear what's going on behind the scenes and I don't like that kind of thing.

I have been a very vocal Trae supporter.  I think he's a fantastic player, I think he's a superstar, I believe he should be the future of our franchise.  For all the love I've given Trae, he is not without flaws.  The biggest being questions over his leadership/maturity from day one.  His intentional silence and apathy after one of the biggest things to happen to the franchise is not helping that image.

I'm not a Trae hater and I have no idea what conversations are really taking place.  But I'm not blind and I don't like what little I'm seeing right now.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Maybe but Murray is basically half the price.  Is Trae twice as good as Murray?  I say no

I'm gonna pull out so we don't get too off thread topic, but know that I disagree. 

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Disengage man. 

Ok, ok.  I'm pullin' out

Seriously?  Is @Spud2nique gonna let me get away with the phrasing? 

1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

We should trade Murray and Trae and sign Vit to a multi-year deal since he played like a dynamic rotation piece for those few weeks while Trae was out.  🤨 I actually do hope we sign him to a reasonable extension but clearly this is tongue in cheek. 

Agreed.  Build around your mVitP. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm gonna pull out so we don't get too off thread topic, but know that I disagree. 

Ok, ok.  I'm pullin' out

Seriously?  Is @Spud2nique gonna let me get away with the phrasing? 

Agreed.  Build around your mVitP. 

Not to hijack the thread, but for real, I want Vit on the team if for no other reason than his bench celebrations and hype. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wretch said:

The message of this clip is "quit changing coaches", get him some help, and he's doing all he can."  This is a casual observer's opinion of the Hawks - what someone who DOESN'T watch us or know what's going on would say.  Trae is co-signing on everything said in this clip by reacting to it.  He's had a significant voice in shaping this roster, so it's a little duplicitous for him to try to line up with this.

I don't have the energy to get into Trae, cryptic messages, social media and all that.  If you don't understand how these things are used to send signals, then we're on opposite sides of the planet with no way to communicate.  For me, it's pretty clear what's going on behind the scenes and I don't like that kind of thing.

I have been a very vocal Trae supporter.  I think he's a fantastic player, I think he's a superstar, I believe he should be the future of our franchise.  For all the love I've given Trae, he is not without flaws.  The biggest being questions over his leadership/maturity from day one.  His intentional silence and apathy after one of the biggest things to happen to the franchise is not helping that image.

I'm not a Trae hater and I have no idea what conversations are really taking place.  But I'm not blind and I don't like what little I'm seeing right now.

If you wanna read deep into things that aren't explicitly stated, that's your perogative. 

But yes, you're the one assigning intent to all of these things through the lense you choose to use. 

If you wanna talk yourself into having a problem with Trae, that is perfectly within your rights, but it's you that's doing it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wretch said:

There's is a difference between social media and actual reporting. You are getting yourself worked up over nothing.  No one has reported (which means going back, verifying and  confirming a second or third time) that Trae Young has stated anything other than he wants to understand what the teams plans are. 

If someone said those things in the video about me, I'd like it too. They are saying people don't like him because he buss their ass and all he does is work his butt off.  Would you not like that post if someone said those things about you when the general media is dragging you everyday?

Again, you have not shown me anything where someone reported that Trae Young gave the team some ultimatum.  You aren't holding JJ, DJ,OO, Clint Capela, Hunter to the same standard as Trae.  None of them have said anything about the number one pick to my knowledge.  The only thing DJ said was this is going to be a crazy off season.  What do you want Trae to do exactly that these other players haven't done. 

It's like y'all find reasons to be mad or stressed out about things. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2