• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Goodbye ATL Hawks, Hello CHI Blackhawks

sturt

• Premium Member

Had never been all that much of a hockey fan. Still probably won't be. It's a unique sport in the fact that it's so much fun to watch in-person, but on TV, it's just never carried the same thrill for whatever reason. Had considered myself a Rangers fan as a kid, and enjoyed the Messier era as I got older, but honestly, it's been decades since I watched an entire hockey game. So, a couple of years back, I pitched a tent with the Blackhawks after they had so responsibly and reasonably responded to the whole Washington Redskins drama... had thought I might reassess whether I could get enthusiastic about the sport. Almost watched an entire game on a couple of occasions, but realized the Blackhawks were just at a down part of the cycle, and it wasn't going to work for me.

Tonight, that may have changed. Spent the last hour or so watching his highlight reels, and damn... this kid is scoring the puck with in-between-his-own-legs shots (... see the :30 mark in the tweet video). Evidently, he's essentially the NHL's answer to Wemby, given all the plaudits he's already achieved at age 17. Interviews like he's 27, not 17.

This could be fun.

One door closes. Another door opens. 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...