• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll of the Day 8-31-2023

Diesel

Okungwu  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

wish there was a choice between "great role player" and "as good as he will be".    

Solid role player would be an option for a couple of these guys.

Anyone who thinks any of these players even sniffs one career all star game need to pass that pipe this way before they cash it.

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, shakes said:

wish there was a choice between "great role player" and "as good as he will be".    

Solid role player would be an option for a couple of these guys.

Anyone who thinks any of these players even sniffs one career all star game need to pass that pipe this way before they cash it.

Yeah i have to agree there.  I mean Trae isn't even consistently getting in the all star game.  I don't hold out a lot of hope for these guys to reach that level.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah i have to agree there.  I mean Trae isn't even consistently getting in the all star game.  I don't hold out a lot of hope for these guys to reach that level.  

I'm hoping at least one of OO, JJ and AJ grow into 'something' where they can be at least in the discussion for a coach's selection. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Can we have an option for guys developing into solid starters?  Do you count solid starters as role players?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm hoping at least one of OO, JJ and AJ grow into 'something' where they can be at least in the discussion for a coach's selection. 

Jeff Teague, Jamaal Magloire, and many other guys who were rarely better than league average starters have ended up squeaking onto at least one All-Star team in their career.  I don't shut the door on any of OO, AJ or JJ to make that leap one day even though I think it is probably better odds for any of them individually that they won't.  For non-dominating players, making an All-Star team is a combination of production, team success, and level of competition in a given year.

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Trae has been invited to the All-Star game 4 years in a row.  I'd say that is pretty consistent.  Kind of wish he would have just accepted to the invites for reserve roles so people didn't see him as "less than" due to not being an All-Star those seasons.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Trae has been invited to the All-Star game 4 years in a row.  I'd say that is pretty consistent.  Kind of wish he would have just accepted to the invites for reserve roles so people didn't see him as "less than" due to not being an All-Star those seasons

:good:

• Like 1

@Diesel the increment increase/decrease in your choices are rather skewed. 

I dunno what the hell I just said there above but what I meant was..

Why we going from Star to 3 all star appearances to 1 to role to bummy bro? 🤨 

Superstar/star/1 time all ⭐️/perennial ⭐️/starter/role/Bummy and dey tore up.

I guess that’s about the same as your initial choices.. 🤨 

Carry the hell on-inner Spudperk

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

@Diesel the increment increase/decrease in your choices are rather skewed. 

I dunno what the hell I just said there above but what I meant was..

Why we going from Star to 3 all star appearances to 1 to role to bummy bro? 🤨 

Superstar/star/1 time all ⭐️/perennial ⭐️/starter/role/Bummy and dey tore up.

I guess that’s about the same as your initial choices.. 🤨 

Carry the hell on-inner Spudperk

I don't want to consider any of our players as Bummy and dey tore up.   Not until they are on somebody else's team.  😄

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I don't want to consider any of our players as Bummy and dey tore up.   Not until they are on somebody else's team.  😄

Sorry it got away from me a bit there 😂 

I thought it was 94 again and I was frontin in front of the peeps ..

• Haha 2

• Moderators
19 hours ago, AHF said:

Trae has been invited to the All-Star game 4 years in a row.  I'd say that is pretty consistent.  Kind of wish he would have just accepted to the invites for reserve roles so people didn't see him as "less than" due to not being an All-Star those seasons.

Is that right?  I don't remember that.  You mean he was invited twice as an injury replacement?

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Is that right?  I don't remember that.  You mean he was invited twice as an injury replacement?

Correct.  When the media cites people's All-Star appearances, they don't usually distinguish between being voted in, being a coach's selection, or being an injury replacement.  It is just "4x All-Star."  Since I want to see our Hawks get their proper due, I kind of wish he had just accepted them and gotten that kudos since that is what basically every other player does.  

We've even seen posters on here hold that against him.  You know the media won't hesitate to argue that he is only a 2x All-Star when it suits them, and he should be sitting there with 4 All-Star appearances.