• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ranking the top 24 PF’s 2023-24

Spud2nique

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I don't want to repeat someone else's work but his numbers under Snyder were much better than his numbers under Nate.

We don't have to remake the wheel here...

image.png

His best stretch was under Snyder 5 games in April when his USG was up and we played him more.   Even though small sample size...  It looks better as an aggregate than his numbers in December under Nate. 

But...

His playoffs numbers...

image.png

Let's just hope it was the big lights. 

Ultimately, his numbers as a starter are reason to have some hope but you have to consider who we played.  It's hard to guage because we don't know what other teams were playing for?

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You're right, I quoted the wrong year...

image.png

He shot 28.8% from three with 70 games...  at 14.9 mpg. 

Still not a ringing endorsement.

Correct - still paltry numbers.....still a work in progress. (JC shot 29.2% this past season which was unfortunate)

Pre Quin - 28.4%, 23/81 (55 games)

Post Quin -30.4%, 7/23 (15 games)

Playoffs - 36%, 4/11 (6 games)

Just need c consistent improvement in those percentages.  

The other big improvement area is his free throw shooting, very Clint-esque percentages: 62.8%

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

We don't have to remake the wheel here...

image.png

His best stretch was under Snyder 5 games in April when his USG was up and we played him more.   Even though small sample size...  It looks better as an aggregate than his numbers in December under Nate. 

But...

His playoffs numbers...

image.png

Let's just hope it was the big lights. 

Ultimately, his numbers as a starter are reason to have some hope but you have to consider who we played.  It's hard to guage because we don't know what other teams were playing for?

You act like his playoff numbers are abysmal.  Here are his per 36 numbers from last year's playoffs at age 21:

16.6 points 

9.7 rebounds

5 assists

What kind of per minute numbers were you expecting?  (If you are upset at his total numbers then obviously that is impacted by the 9.3 mpg).

Compare that to Siakam's per 36 from last year's playoffs:

19.0 points  

6.0 rebounds

4.8 assists

We can agree he didn't excel at age 21 in his first playoff action but I just don't see it as some kind of embarrassing debut either.  Siakam at age 22 played 10 minutes total in the playoffs in his debut.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Siakam at age 22 played 10 minutes total in the playoffs in his debut.

Wow really? I wouldn’t have guessed that. I mean the guy had experience coming out of college right? Those guys get more burn 🔥 in the playoffs more than freshman coming in. Like a Malcolm Brogdon or dRAYMOND Green.

By the way, now the JC is no longer with us I feel better about breaking down his weaknesses and one glaring one was taking advantage of smaller dudes. 

Teams kept putting 6’4” or 6’5” guys in JC whether a switch or by design and he never took advantage of it. He didn’t have the post moves for it and his passing was average at best. I’m sorry but a Delon Wright of the Wizards (x Hawk) should ABSOLUTELY NOT be able to handle JC in the post. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow really? I wouldn’t have guessed that. I mean the guy had experience coming out of college right? Those guys get more burn 🔥 in the playoffs more than freshman coming in. Like a Malcolm Brogdon or dRAYMOND Green.

Yeah, but it takes time for players to develop so this isn't a big shock.  He played 15 mpg and scored 4 points a game that season so no surprise that he didn't have a big role.  His first season where he averaged 10 points or 5 rebounds was his age 24 season and that was when he became a starter and saw his minutes jump way up.

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

By the way, now the JC is no longer with us I feel better about breaking down his weaknesses and one glaring one was taking advantage of smaller dudes. 

Teams kept putting 6’4” or 6’5” guys in JC whether a switch or by design and he never took advantage of it. He didn’t have the post moves for it and his passing was average at best. I’m sorry but a Delon Wright of the Wizards (x Hawk) should ABSOLUTELY NOT be able to handle JC in the post. 

I'm sure this issue didn't escape Quin's attention either.  JC was very successful as a role man more than a post scorer.  He may have had dreams of becoming a post scorer but he didn't while he was here.  Too invisible too often for a guy making $25M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

IIRC - Siakam spent time in the Gleague.

• Thanks 1